Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

February 13th, 2020 11:00

Support Assist Loop

For months each time i go to run Support Assist I get a message saying, "A new version is available and will be installed."   I click OK, and a few seconds later it says "You already have the latest version."  

I try to run the program again and get the same two messages.  If I finally click "cancel" the program then runs normally.   I have version 3.4.1.   It this the latest?  Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 13th, 2020 15:00

I see SupportAssist plug-in version 5.0.1.10877 and Dell Update version 3.1.0 available for some models, so you might not have the latest versions, but we need to know your exact PC model and the version of Windows.

SupportAssist sometimes can nag about things that have already been installed.... 

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

February 17th, 2020 13:00

HI Ron!  Thanks for your reply.

I'm using the latest Windows 10 and I have a Dell Inspiron 7777 AIO

I'm used to nagging though because I'm married.   

(I hope my wife doesn't stumble upon this thread) 

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

@AlanD96  - Please remove the Service Tag from your post. Always treat the Service Tag as personal, confidential info, and never post it in an open forum like this. Your model number would have been sufficient info.

SupportAssist 5.0.1.10877 and Dell Update 3.1.0 are available for your PC model. So if you don't have either or both these latest versions, you can download them here.

Too bad we don't know your wife's email address because we'd make sure she sees this thread.  

EDIT: You may need to uninstall both of the old versions first and then install the latest versions. So manually set a System Restore point first before uninstalling either/both of them.

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

OK, I checked "Support Assist' version and it's 3.4.0.200.  Right after that it says, "Updates Available"  

I click on it and then after a few seconds. I get a message saying "The latest version of SupportAssist is already installed"

That's my loop.  If it's not the latest version, what should I do?

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

February 17th, 2020 16:00

Thanks Ron, I'll give it a try!

And I cancelled my wife's email address.  I don't think she'll be pleased.  

No Events found!