Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2022 05:00

SupportAssist Hardware Scan Cancelled

If I try to run a Hardware Scan with Support assist I get a message that the Scan is Cancelled. 

I had started scanning the hardware from Dell's web site and I navigated to another tab.  Since then I've not been able to scan any hardware.

Now if I run the scan from Dell's portal here's the error I get:

Full Test error

A diagnostics scan is already in progress in another tab or window. Please wait for the scan to complete before attempting again.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

May 16th, 2022 08:00

The support team has uninstalled and re-installed my SupportAssist.  They also updated BIOS.

User RRYR states For the last few days this week I have not used my PC except for an hour or so today.  So far it has not shown any signs of the video / display going blank.

• 

25K Posts

May 9th, 2022 14:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

6 Posts

May 16th, 2022 18:00

Hello,

The original issue has occurred again today at 9:18 pm EDT.  The video/display went blank for a few seconds and came back again.  So can you pl. re-open this issue.

Regards,

--Rajan

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 27th, 2022 06:00

Update = After verifying ownership and completing troubleshooting, a DELL agent setup a refurbished motherboard exchange.

No Events found!