Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NT

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 11:00

SupportAssist fails to load

SupportAssist's "loading..." screen is about all I see when I try to run SupportAssist. Sometimes SupportAssist loads and then continues to run okay, but often I never get past this screen. And yes, I've done the uninstall/reboot/re-install routine with SupportAssist several times and it hasn't helped. (Inspiron 5770)

SupportAssistNoLoad.jpg

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 16:00

dllann_0-1664839822450.png

Click on START, type SERVICES, scroll down to be sure all of your Dell services (yours may be different from all I have loaded) are running.  If you have Dell services that do not show as RUNNING, click on the service and then click on START that should appear in the upper left of that box (you will need to be on the extended tab).

I here trying to find out when 3.12 is being released so I can update my computers.  V3.11 should work on your computer without this happening.  I have had the same issue, but it was because I stopped the services because they lock up the DISM.log file that I wanted to rename.

Please reply back if this resolves your issue, if you still have the issue or if you found another resolution.

162 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 21:00

Methods to fix this issue-

Method 1: Rename the New-Dell-Logo-White-Small File.
Method 2: Update to the Latest Windows System.
Method 3: Reinstall Dell SupportAssist.
Method 4: Check for Virus or Malware.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

October 4th, 2022 04:00

Thank you for your reply, but your suggestion doesn't seem to apply to my situation. All of my Dell services are running.

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

October 4th, 2022 05:00

Thank you for your reply, but none of those "methods" help my situation. 

Method 1: I find no such file on my system.

Method 2: already done

Method 3: done many times, as indicated in my original post

Method 4: Check it for what? I'm not sure what you mean by "check for"

No Events found!