Start a Conversation

Unsolved

HW

1 Message

September 19th, 2019 19:00

SupportAssist for PCs - Ver. 3.3.3

Trying to start above software on Inspiron 3668. Receives the message: We ran into an unexpected issue with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later. Tried repeatedly.. same message

2 Posts

September 20th, 2019 08:00

1 Copper - Don't know if original post got thru'. Precis - Exactly same as your experience. Self updated to version 3.3.3 according to Programs & Features, when then opening, face page still said 3.2.2 even after reboot. Uninstalled 3.3.3 which did that OK but SupportAssist icon still remained in Taskbar. Clicked and message to the effect a newer version available. Clicked to Install, that went thru', then opened OK to 3.3.3. Previous history disappeared and settings returned to default t so these will need resetting.

28 Posts

September 21st, 2019 06:00

Thanks for letting us know that v3.3.3.x is now available. I’ve been having issues with the 3.3.2.x version not allowing me to completer the “Get Drivers & Downloads” not going any further than 80%. Amazing after uninstalling/reinstalling (v3.3.2.x) seemed to correct that issue. Now, the “Scan Hardware” never goes beyond 0% then it just throws an error, which is basically meaningless.

An unexpected error occurred while running this request.

SupportAssist was unable to complete the requested task at this time.

To retry, close the SupportAssist application and run the task again.

If this problem persists, click the Get Support Tab.

So, I was hoping that v3.3.3.x would solve the scan error, but nope, it still exists.

System: Alienware Area-51 R5 BIOS: 2.0.3

28 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 02:00

I have the latest version 3.3.3.13 and I’ve completely uninstalled all SupportAssist (SA) programs (Alienware Update and Alienware SA Remediation) utilizing the latest version of Revo Uninstaller Pro (several times and installed 3 different prior release versions of SA + the additional tools required by AWCC (which is also at the latest version). FYI - I run everything in Admin Mode The only part of SA no longer working is “Scan Hardware”. I’ve run the Diagnostic tool from the BIOS (all 10+ hours) and there’s no hardware issues reported. I’m thinking that this all started when I upgraded Win10 to 1903. Ive had this Area-51 R5 for well more than a year+ and SA has always worked without issue. Win10 x64 Pro Build 18362.19H1_release.190318-1202

No Events found!