Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

5 Posts

June 21st, 2019 12:00

SupportAssist keeps asking same drivers update

Hello everyone, as the title suggested SupportAssist keeps asking me to update some drivers that are already in the last version and freshly updated.

I tried to remove the problematic drivers and make a new install, I also tried to do a fresh install of SupportAssist, but nothing worked and I can’t manage to fix my annoying problem!

I already installed those drivers many times and nothing changes…. I might even have more than one installation of the same driver now; I’m considering to remove the program and forget about it.  Can anyone help me? Has anyone any idea how to solve my issue?

Thanks in advance, have a great day

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 21st, 2019 15:00

5 Posts

June 22nd, 2019 04:00

Thanks for your reply!

I was seriously considering to just uninstall it, what stopped me was the possibility of having outdated drivers, but reading your other topic reassured me because basically windows 10 updates the same drivers!  I just need to pay attention to newer GPU and Bios driver.

Thanks for giving me your solution, have a good day!

June 23rd, 2019 04:00

Same here! I don't know how many times i've allowed the BIOS and other driver to install i do it it restarts then the dell driver update software tells me that the driver need updating! Never again last time i updated the divers it crashed my new Dell XPS into a boot looper and took me ages to get up and running. The software to be honest **bleep**....

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2019 08:00

@Larry90 wrote:

I just need to pay attention to newer GPU driver and (occasional) BIOS driver.

Yes, that works for me.

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

June 24th, 2019 07:00

I had this software installed 2 years ago on my R7 and for same issues had to 86 it.

Ya figured this would be resolved by now. I now just go to the Dell site and manually look for driver updates. :manlol:

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 2nd, 2019 18:00

Hello, 

We are very sorry to hear about this inconvenience with the Support Assist application. We would like to review this issue further, please send us a private message with your system's Service Tag number. To send a private message, click on my name and look for the private message option. 

1 Message

September 11th, 2019 05:00

Hi. I am piggybacking on another's post since I could not find the PM option for you that you suggested to them. My Dell is out of warranty so if you can't help so be it. My service tag is . I too am getting daily notifications about needing to update my drivers and when I run SupportAssist none are found. I allow Windows 10 automatic updates, and periodically visit Dell.com to check for issues. None exist and computer is fine.The notifications are annoying but I can continue ti ignore them knowing all is well. Just thought you might have a suggestion. Thanks, Diana

No Events found!