Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Posts

December 17th, 2018 06:00

SupportAssist uninstall questions re: "System History"

Hi,

I'm having version upgrade problems with my Dell SupportAssist program, and it seems the consensus first steps for solving this issue are to uninstall the currently installed SupportAssist then download and launch the most recent installer for the program.  All that is well and good, but I am using SupportAssist to troubleshoot some longstanding problems with the USB 3.0 ports on my laptop, and I am worried that when I uninstall SupportAssist, I will lose all information related to it, namely my "System History", which shows Critical Errors, Added/Remove Software and Hardware, and other events listed on a calendar, along with crucial information about all of these events.  I think this information could come in handy in solving the USB 3.0 port problem, so I was wondering, is there any way to back this information up?  I don't see a means of exporting this info in my current version of SupportAssist (2.0.6875.668, which has tried and failed upgrading to version 2.2.6992.111 for some time), but I thought maybe someone might know a workaround.  I should mention that launching the most recent SupportAssist installer results in nothing happening, save for the installer showing a progress bar on my screen for a split second before that disappears and then I can only find the installer in the Task Manager as running, but not completing anything.

Barring any sort of means of backing up the info, can anyone confirm whether or not SupportAssist's System History remains on your computer following an uninstall of the program?

Laptop is an Inspiron 15R N5110 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1.  Feel free to let me know if you require additional information about my system.

December 30th, 2018 08:00

Can someone please help me with the above inquiries? 

Thank you.

No Events found!