Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

July 24th, 2018 05:00

Supportassist give unexpected error

When trying to run this software, it completes the Drivers and Downloads section.  The Scan hardware gives the following error.  I tried restarting the program, restarting the PC, uninstalling the software and downloading a new installer and I still get this error.  It will not run any of the other checks in the program.

Support Assist Client

An unexpected error occurred while running this request.
Close

SupportAssist was unable to complete the requested task at this time.

To retry, close the SupportAssist application and run the task again.

If this problem persists, click the Get Support Tab.

August 14th, 2018 18:00

Update: I ran "Run all" tonight after installing version 2.2.3.2 on my Windows 7 Home XPS laptop this morning and each scan was successfully completed, including the Hardware Scan.

1 Message

August 21st, 2018 20:00

Same error, added 8GB RAM (now 16GB) a few months ago, XPS 8700 runs great, but SupportAssist cannot complete hardware scan.  Where is Dell on this?

1 Message

August 22nd, 2018 07:00

Same issue on my Inspiron 7510 with 64 gigs of ram. Running the latest version of SupportAssist. Has not run anything but the hardware and drivers update since July 10. Very annoying, Dell!

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2018 13:00

Finally, I managed to solve it, at least in my case. Dell Inspiron  7547 with Windows 10 Home edition. 

I uninstalled Support Assist and then downloaded the file again from Dell site and installed it. After login in again I tried the Diagnostics again and this time the Hardware Test was successfully completed after a month, not being able to make it work.  I don't know if this was the solution or coincidentally it was a system update yesterday after I did the before mentioned process.

Now I could run all the troubleshooting Hardware test with no problem.

9 Posts

August 24th, 2018 14:00

I did the same thing with success now. I uninstalled Dell SupportAssist using the Uninstall Apps feature in Windows  10 Settings ( I did not do anything additional to clean leftover registry keys), and downloaded and installed the current version of Dell SupportAssist (2.2.3.2). Run All ran all  5 PC optimization tools successfully this time. It did take a long time (>15 minutes) to complete the Scan Hardware section, but eventually finished it. It appears to hang at the Advanced Pattern Test, and was stuck at 98% completion for the longest time, but eventually finished it, so be patient. This new version of SupportAssist does appear to work now. Thank you Dell.

August 24th, 2018 19:00

The same with u, i didn't change anything but now i can't check "scan hardware" :(

i'm using dell 7567

Memory : 8 GB

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ

O.S : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Does anyone know how to fix it ? 

1 Message

September 15th, 2018 05:00

Every time this happens, I have to uninstalled and then reinstalled in order to run the full PC scan again without any issue.

I remember this did not happen in the previous version (Not even once).

Ever since I've upgraded to the latest version of this Dell Support Assist (ver 2.2.3.2), this seems to be the norm. I hope Dell can seriously look into it on whether there are bugs in the latest version. Especially for the Hardware Scan.

9 Posts

September 15th, 2018 11:00

I spoke too soon , Bohuatoh. I thought the problem was fixed with an uninstall/reinstall of Dell Support Assist for PCs, but it is not. It ran one time after the reinstall (Version 2.2.3.2), but like you, it again hangs on the Scan Hardware - at 98% on the Advanced Pattern Test. The other 4 items will run individually, but "Run All" will stop at the Advanced Pattern Test in Scan Hardware. I miss being able to run these tests as my PC did perform better when I was able to do so. I too wish that Dell would address and correct this issue.

1 Message

September 20th, 2018 08:00

I had a similar problem today.  Not just PC's app (I have a 5759 laptop) but also when connected to the website - hung up when attempting to do a hardware check.  I'm glad to say that I re-installed the App and all is OK now (as far as one can tell).  To  the gents and ladies at Dell - note that the hang up occurred with both on line and the app trying to do the  hardware check.  Food for thought?  Regards

19 Posts

September 26th, 2018 05:00

This isn't a Microsoft problem.  It is a Dell problem.

19 Posts

September 26th, 2018 05:00

I have the same problem. It hangs at 0%.

3 Posts

October 5th, 2018 09:00

Hi there, Thanks for your post. How did you make sure that all previous registry keys were removed? 

9 Posts

October 28th, 2018 06:00

Hello Dell:

There is good news and bad news with the release of your new version (3.0.1.62) of SupportAssist. The good news is that the Hardware Scan now runs completely (although it still required almost 5 minutes to do the Pattern Scan portion of the test). The bad news is that the Clean Files test does not run at all now. It hangs at "Preparing for Clean Files..." at 0% completion, and generates the "An Unexpected Error Occurred in SupportAssist " message. I do not think your work on SupportAssist is done just yet. Is anyone else is the Community experiencing this problem with the new release of Support Assist, or does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?

1 Message

October 30th, 2018 20:00

Same issue, but the hardware scan for me.  I get the unexpected error when it starts the Scan Hardware.  I close it, reopen, and can run the other tests.  This is brand new Inspirion 3470 with nothing even on it yet, still doing setup and updates.  And here I got a Windows box after 4 years of being strictly Mac only.  

October 31st, 2018 03:00

Dittoh! I am facing the same problem last week. I don't know what to do now and I am stuck now. Give me an instant solution. 

Thanks  

No Events found!