2 Bronze

Vostro 3470, SA memory test is not running

Hi,

Whenever I run a hardware scan with the help of Dell SA (SupportAssist) app, the memory scan is not running. Why it is like this? Please give me a solution.

Memory test not running.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
3 Argentum

Re: Vostro 3470, SA memory test is not running

@KnowsMore_123 

I would recommend that you run the Dell pre-boot diagnostics on the memory.  Please see this link for more information about how to do that.

Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
2 Bronze

Hi Phil, I have tried running that test...but still I'm getting the same error. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Dell Support Assist for Home PC's. I don't have any 3rd party bloatware's or <Profanity removed> apps. I just have a well known Antivirus software which is recommended by Dell. Tell me what to do next. I just have that one problem with my brand new pc.

0 Kudos
3 Argentum

@KnowsMore_123 

Well, if the pre-boot memory test also will not run, I would advise you to call or chat with Dell Technical Support.  This must be a more complicated issue, and you have already done what a user can do to try and diagnose and rectify the failure of diagnostics to scan memory.

Are you having issues with RAM performance on your computer?  If you are, then you could try removing and reseating the RAM modules, but be careful doing that.  Download and read the User Service Manual for your computer and follow the steps exactly.  You can find the Service Manual at this link.

Good luck, thank you for the "kudo", and have a great weekend.

Regards,
-Phil

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Hi Phil,

I ran Dell ePSA test on my pc ( I ran the full test ). It didn't show any error. I think my pc's RAM is not a faulty one. What to do next?

0 Kudos
3 Argentum

@KnowsMore_123 

Well that is good news that your RAM passed the pre-boot test.  These are long shots, but you could try them, on the premise that something is interfering with the testing only of your RAM when using SupportAssist.

1. Try disabling "Fast Startup" if you have not done so already.  It can cause all kinds of strange issues and I always disable it on my computers.

2. There is a remote possibility that anti-virus and/or anti-malware software might not "like" SupportAssist writing to RAM.  Please reboot, disable your security software, and try a Hardware Scan again.  Remember to reenable your security software when done.

3. Try running a System File Checker scan to see if Windows is reporting any integrity issues.

Please let us know if that helps at all.  Like I said, long shots.  Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

0 Kudos