Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 27th, 2019 07:00

XPS 8930, SupportAssist recovery F12

Here is the issue. I tap the F12 to get boot menu. I select SupportAssist OS Recovery. It goes to the blue screen like it's starting (not a BSOD) then it stays and then the system just shuts down. Why can't I access it this way? I am aware there are other ways. I am aware that there is a newer ISO from Microsoft. I want to restore it the way I am doing it if possible. I would like to get this fixed accessing through the boot menu. I do not want the ISO from Microsoft I will update later. Please do not suggest I download from Microsoft. I have all the updated ISO's on USB anyway and the 1903 update can be done through Windows Update. Again, I want to restore the Dell Image, not a Microsoft Image. I want all the Dell OEM programs. Someone if you know how to fix please help. Maybe something is corrupted and I may have to use the ISO. I also have a Dell Recovery USB I created. But if this menu way was going to "break" then Dell should have used another method.

Thanks and Happy New Year. 

Someone marked this topic as spam. I am not a spammer at all. Why would someone do that? I am a paying Dell Customer and expect the support I am paying for and I don't expect to be called a spammer.

The Forum software AI (not a Dell person) saw that you tried to post the identical message at 09:55 AM, 10:16 AM, and 12:35 PM. So the Forum software AI identified this as spamming the same message.
DELL-Chris M

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

January 12th, 2020 15:00

I'd suggest contacting support directly if you haven't already done so, since you're already on a support contract. It's clear by now that nobody has a quick answer, but if you resolve the issue via support it would be a friendly thing to post the outcome here in case someone else runs into the same issue and looks for an answer here.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 13th, 2020 08:00

Thanks for replying. They are working on it. But I am still mad about this. Only because I am a paying customer.

Someone marked this topic as spam. I am not a spammer at all. Why would someone do that? I am a paying Dell Customer and expect the support I am paying for and I don't expect to be called a spammer.

"The Forum software AI (not a Dell person) saw that you tried to post the identical message at 09:55 AM, 10:16 AM, and 12:35 PM. So the Forum software AI identified this as spamming the same message."
DELL-Chris M

I do not know what happened. But I never posted more than once. I could understand if the times were the same maybe I hit submit too many times by mistake. But not different times. This dude AL whoever he is does not need to be a moderator. Errors can happen just like the error under my support events it shows my warranty is about to expire. I have until October 4th 2020. Dell was supposed to fix that but they haven't done it yet.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2020 07:00

And this is still an issue Dell has not resolved. The case was closed.

No Events found!