Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

6 Posts

March 12th, 2019 07:00

Dell SupportAssist problem.

I had tried to activate SupportAssist but it wouldn't run. I then researched the issue on Dell Community and decided I had an older version which i completely uninstalled and installed the newest version available. The UI now runs and tests load and everything works except for Hardware Scans which says "preparing for tests 0%" but never changes. The UI then goes to a screen informing me that the test cancelled due to an unknown error. I tried the online diagnostics but that too appears to depend on SupportAssist and goes to "loading tests" but then terminates with an error message with no indication as to what the error is.

• 

790 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 07:00

Hi,

have you seen this post from @jbilinski already?

SupportAssist - Hardware scan stuck at 0% v3.1.0.142

If it's solved then, fine. Otherwise please let us know what kind of system your using, is it an Inspiron, Vostro, Latitude or anything else?

Thanks
Stefan

2 Posts

June 26th, 2019 15:00

I have the Inspiron 5675 and I have been trying to run SupportAssist (version 3.2) for the last 2 weeks. It gets stuck at 0 for hardware scanning. Don't know what I should do. Please advise.

• 

790 Posts

June 26th, 2019 23:00

Hi luckyny7,

have you tried this:

SupportAssist - Hardware scan stuck at 0% v3.1.0.142

I know you said you're running 3.2 but I would say it's still worth a shot.

Cheers
Stefan

• 

17K Posts

June 27th, 2019 05:00

luckyny7,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Message

October 17th, 2019 20:00

What kind of response is that from support.  Provide specific guidance with steps for correction - your response is not helping.

October 22nd, 2019 23:00

Mine has pretty much been broken the entire year i've owned my Alienware 15 R3. Dont expect it to ever get fixed tbh.

No Events found!