Unsolved

Closed

C

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

May 21st, 2018 12:00

SA, latest version not working

I downloaded the latest version of SA (Support Assist) (Version 2) a few days ago.When I try to open it, it tries to load but won't load properly (icon just continues to flash and flash), with a message that optimization tools are loading.

The same problem occurs when I try to open it as administrator. There is no option to repair this app when I go to Settings. The only 2 options are "modify" or "uninstall"

This new version of Support Assist is installed on both my XPS 8930.

Is any body else having a problem with this latest version? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2 Posts

June 15th, 2018 22:00

I'd suggest everyone hit that KUDOS button on OP's post - maybe we can get someone to notice!

*edit - so I followed this thread and did what was suggested by uninstalling both SupportAssist via the Settings>Apps. I've redownloaded the lastest version here and it seems to be running fine for now.

7 Posts

June 16th, 2018 00:00

Yes its worked .

But why..

Thank you.

1 Message

June 16th, 2018 08:00

I have the same problem.  I tried to restore Dell Assist to a previous version but that didn't work either. 

1 Message

June 16th, 2018 13:00

same here - not working as of the latest update :(

1 Message

June 16th, 2018 19:00

Mine updated all by itself on June 13th and now it won't load. It keeps telling to run it but it won't load so how can I run it. I am afraid to uninstall it and try to find the older version to reinstall it.

3 Posts

June 16th, 2018 20:00

I followed Axel314 recommendation and uninstalled Dell Support Assist and re-installing with the new version via the provided link.  It opened and I downloaded a driver in the updates (it was the same driver version  I had previously updated).  However whilst the Support Assist program now opens it won't run any of the maintenance chores. (Scan Hardware/Clean Files/Tune Performance/ Optimize Network).  I have had this trouble before with the maintenance chores, they seem to run now and again, i.e. The response is 'preparing to run them' but nothing happens, so it appears I'm back to reasonably normal (in a temperamental condition).

6 Posts

June 17th, 2018 01:00

Yesterday SupportAssist started to work fine. I reinstalled (again!) and this time it worked. I took the version from link listed before.

Good luck, we need it since Dell's support has abandon us :(

1 Message

June 17th, 2018 06:00

Hi  I was having the same issue After update on June 15th. Support assist not responding. I uninstalled the program. Than restarted my computer.re installed and it is working just fine. Did this this morning. I am 70 years old and not very computer  knowledgeable.Key is to restart. Thank you Hope it helps some else.

1 Message

June 17th, 2018 10:00

Support Assistant would try to run on my computer, but would lock up and I would have to close it. Deleted the program in Setup and reloaded it at the link shown elsewhere in the Replies and it is working so far.

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 03:00

I uninstalled the Dell Update and Support Assistant apps from my Dell laptop as it was only giving me problems.

Rather just download and install driver updates myself as this software is terrible.

35 Posts

June 18th, 2018 04:00

Same here.

June 18th, 2018 05:00

I have the same problem.  I start SupportAssist and it says "Not Responding".  Oh well!

4 Posts

June 18th, 2018 09:00

Same exact problem on a Precision 3520 laptop.  Frequently when I boot up the laptop I get a SupportAgentAssist has crashed message.   Then if I run SupportAssist it just hangs "Not Responding".

June 18th, 2018 11:00

Same here on new XPS 8930. Try to open Dell support assist and it just freezes and says no response. Never loads...

This is NEW system. What is up DELL??? You can't even support the support system you put on your machines??

I knew I should have stuck with all my HPs!!!

3 Posts

June 18th, 2018 11:00

I have a similar issue. Besides the support assist not working I can't put the laptop to sleep. Every attempt to do so reboot it instead. 

Anyone else with this issue?

I have the XPS 15 9560

No Events found!