Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Message

January 30th, 2019 13:00

Support Assist noreply@dell.com

I got an email from Support Assist at noreply@dell.com regarding one of my servers.

Could someone explain to me if this is a normal thing to get automated attempts from supportassit on a server?

And if it's normal to also get email alerts form it? Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, 

We attempted to add devices today. However, the following errors occurred. SupportAssist must be able to communicate with these devices in order to provide the greatest value. Please resolve the issues below to complete the device add process.

SupportAssist Host : 

[omitted]

Service Tag : 

[omitted service tag]

Added by

Service Tag

Host

Single Device / Discovery Rule

[omitted]

[omitted]
SNMP not configured; New version of OMSA available

For more information visit the troubleshooting resources section of the Community Forums

Thank you,

SupportAssist Team

1 Message

January 31st, 2019 07:00

I received the same email. It sure isn't very helpful. I can see it tells me I need to upgrade OMSA. Did that. Now what? 

1 Message

March 11th, 2019 14:00

Yup, I got the same email too. "Cryptic" does not even begin to explain it. Dell, please explain to us what you want us to do. If I go into the server and open up the SupportAssist app and check communication, etc. to Dell servers, no error message results whatsoever.
No Events found!