Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 20th, 2019 10:00

SupportAssist not working (version 3.1.0)

Come on Dell get this fixed...….I have Dell Laptop 3567 model. SupportAssist has 2 versions now on my laptop...One icon in windows task bar is SupportAssist version 2.2.0.244 which will run. The other one located in the widows 10 start menu is version 3.1.0 and will TRY to open with a windows Icon spinning for many minutes only to give the following Message: "WE Ran into an unexpected error with SupportAssist. Restart your PC and try again later."

Well, following the message does nothing. Restart and try again to no avail. I did see at one point a plugin was also updated for this but still it does not work. I now have 2 updates needing installed that I can see by running the older version of SupportAssist. Bios is one update and I do not know if its safe to use the OLDER SupportAssist that seems to be working to update drivers and bios. Why is this issue not addressed?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 8th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. Please uninstall all entries for Support Assist, Support Assist remediation services (maybe you can use a 3rd party uninstaller to remove the application).

Please install the new version released (https://dell.to/2V7xf4V). You can download the application from this link

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

March 20th, 2019 10:00

I wanted to also add to the post That in control panel (Add and remove programs) I have the following installed:

Dell SupportAssist 122mb version 2.2.0.244

Dell SupportAssist Remediation 1/15/19 22.1 mb version 4.1.0.6828

Dell SupportAssist Update Plugin 3/19/19  11.5mb version 4.1.0.6828

1 Message

March 22nd, 2019 11:00

I'm having the same problem except I only show version 3.1.0 in my Control Panel.  

March 25th, 2019 08:00

I am having the same problem as well! I am also having issues with my computer that is only 6 months old. The HUGE problem that I have, is I relocated to Costa Rica so I can't easily call the support line or take my computer in for service...there is a service center in Costa Rica, however, it is 4 hours from me. Would love to use this tool to see if I could troubleshoot the issue myself. 

March 25th, 2019 09:00

I have found a solution to the problem. Sign in online to dell.com. You should have an account already set up if you don't make one. Then have your service tag number ready and sign in with your Dell computer that you want supportassist to be on. Click on support after you have signed into your account then click on drivers and downloads. Enter your service tag number or let the system scan your PC. There should be something called let us analyze your system to find the latest drivers. At that point a message should come up that says it is checking for if you have the latest version of supportassist on your computer. This is why I said make sure you're using your Dell computer that you want supportassist to be on. It should at this point detect that you do not have the latest version. Let it go ahead and update it to the latest version. If it allows you to download it go ahead and do that and then double-click on the file. It will remove the old supportassist and put on the new. It should work after this!

2 Posts

May 8th, 2019 09:00

No, it doesn't work. The website swears I need SupportAssist (even though I already have it), so I try to download and install... and then it tells me I already have the latest version... which still won't work.

6 Posts

September 21st, 2019 17:00

Thank you Sreejith R this worked for me even with version 3.3.3.13 that had some issues.

January 26th, 2020 06:00

Mine is about support assist just get stuck in preparing for the alanyzing the hardware

No Events found!