Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2013 02:00

SupportAssist won't start

I'm having trouble starting the Dell SupportAssist program on Windows Server 2012 standard.

At first I installed it with OpenManage Essentials 1.2.0 and SupportAssist worked fine. Then I had some trouble installing SupportAssist for Microsoft SCOM and had to reinstall it.

After that installation the SupportAssist program hasn't been able to open. Starting it just opens up the OpenManage home view. Doesn't matter whether I start it from the desktop or Extensions list.

The SupportAssist service seems to be running just fine. I tried removing and reinstalling the SupportAssist component and also updating it to 1.2.1 but nothing changed.

What is causing this and how can I get Dell SupportAssist to start?

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 01:00

Removing and reinstalling OpenManage and SupportAssist fixed the issue. Thank you for the assistance!

December 30th, 2013 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

In order to troubleshoot this issue, can you upload the SupportAssist log? You can find it under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Integrated Support\logs

Our team will analyse the log and let you know the next steps.

Thanks,

-Prabhat

8 Posts

December 30th, 2013 23:00

They're both installed. The version of Dell Lasso is 4.4 and E-Support Tool's version is 3.5.

8 Posts

Thanks for the logs.

We are investigating on this.

8 Posts

Here is the last 10 minutes of the SupportAssist log. The rest of the log just seems to be mostly repeating the same messages.

At the end I tried to launch it twice but it just started OpenManage.

8 Posts

Also, please get the log file by following below steps:

• Uninstall SupportAssist.
  • Install SupportAssist again using the command prompt as mentioned below.
  • Open command prompt (Run as Administrator option)
  • Type in the below command :-

\SupportAssist .exe /v"/l*v \log.txt"

Note: refers to the directory path of SupportAssist .exe.

Example: If SupportAssist .exe exists in D:\DellSoftware\SupportAssist .exe, then the command prompt should be :-

D:\DellSoftware\SupportAssist .exe /v"/l*v D:\DellSoftware\log.txt"

The log file will be created at the same location where exe is there.

Please send us the log file, we would investigate the log and revert back to you.

8 Posts

Hi,

Can you verify if Dell Lasso and Dell System E-Support Tool is installed on the server?

Please Verify in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features options.

Thanks,

Madhav

8 Posts

December 31st, 2013 00:00

Thanks for the reply.

Please send us the logs by uninstalling SupportAssist and installing it using the command prompt by following the steps mentioned in the earlier post.

8 Posts

December 31st, 2013 03:00

[Removed log, not necessary anymore]

4 Posts

January 1st, 2014 23:00

Can you please mention your Time Zone(Country) and I would like to have Web-Ex session.

I will be available on India time zone(IST).so please mention the country and the availability of time for today OR tomorrow to resolve the issue?

8 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 01:00

I'm in Finland so my time zone is GMT+2. Today I'm available for 4 more hours from now (until 4pm).

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 02:00

Thanks for sharing details.

so, can you please share the email id to send the Web-Ex session link and conference Bridge details to join the call.

-Thanks

Ravi

4 Posts

Hi ,

can you share the email id details once again please.

I have sent the conference call details to the mail id: '####***********'

please confirm the above mail-id is the correct one which was shared previously.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

8 Posts

The email address is [removed]

8 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 04:00

The email address is correct. I'd like to have it removed from this thread. Thank you!

No Events found!