Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2011 12:00

Automate the process of converting a .btp file to .csv

I'm not sure it this is the right forum for this discussion but I don't see one specific to ECC or Performance Manager ...

A customer has provided me with 200+ btp files that I want/need to convert to .csv format. Is there a way to automate this process so I don't have to manually open each btp file and save it as a csv file? I've read that pmcli.exe will do this but I haven't been able to find details on the exact syntax and a co-worker has not had any luck with this.

Goal:

Take a folder full of btp files, run a script/command that will generate a complete .csv file for each btp file in the directory.

Thanks in advance!

465 Posts

March 31st, 2011 14:00

PMCLI.exe is the command line tool that comes with Performance Manager that can extract .btp files into .csv.

There are instructions and help in the EMC Control Centre Performance Manger Help, available on Powerlink.

465 Posts

The input parameters determine the .btp file that is parsed. You will need to wrap the pmcli into a script that generates the dates / serial numbers etc.if you want to automate the process. Rather than the customer sending you the .btp files, this needs to run in the customer environment because pmcli communicates with the repository to determine where the .BTP files are.

23 Posts

I've read that statement in several different places and I've downloaded and read through the online help but it does not clearly explain this process. There's nothing in the help that I can find that says "If you want to convert a .btp file to .csv run the following command".

Where does it look for .btp files?

Can I specify a .btp file to extract?

I don't see anything in the online help where I can specify an input file. It looks like pmcli -export is only for exporting information directly from Performance Manager ... not a .btp file.

I'd like to write a script that takes every .btp file in a directory and export it to a .csv file.

23 Posts

April 6th, 2011 14:00

Thanks again for the reply and I apologize for taking so long to respond. So I'm absolutely clear ... there is no way for me to do what I want to do using pmcli unless I somehow "recreate" the customers environment (sid, etc) and the date the .btp file was created.

Is that accurate? If so, Is there another tool available to partners that can automate this process? I want to minimize the customer's involvement/LOE as much as possible so having them simply email or ftp .btp files to me would be ideal.

23 Posts

April 12th, 2011 10:00

Anyone?

No Events found!