Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2011 14:00

DMX newbie

I am new to the DMX arrays and its all a little confusing at the moment although I have good clarrion / navisphere knowledge. We have a DMX 1000 and we are using BCVs and open replicator. Can anyone recommend a good place to start - documents - overview and such. I also need to start using unix symcli scripting. any help advise would be greatly exceprted.

How many BCVs can you have on a source volume?

open replicator why is this used instead of SRDF   

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 11th, 2011 14:00

26 Posts

January 12th, 2011 11:00

I can't find it, but I think the limit of BCV's, in earlier versions,  you could sync and then split with a STD device was four.

I've had two BCV's syncing to STD disk and then split and mounted the BCV's off to two hosts.

Rita

26 Posts

January 12th, 2011 12:00

Thank you for the clarification! Much appreciated...

Rita

184 Posts

if you are using TimeFinder/mirror then you can have up to 8 copies of a single source, but not simultaneously and each mirror copy requires a logical mirror position against the source volume.

if you are using TimeFinder/clone (recommended) you can have up to 4 concurrent copies of a source volume and this does not require logical mirror position against the source volume. You should be able to confirm this information in the TimeFinder product guide.

184 Posts

Your question: open replicator why is this used instead of SRDF.

As the product name suggest "Open Replicator"   this can be used to move data to/from other vendor platforms.

As for SRDF, this is used strictly between Symmetrix to Symmetrix. EMC only platforms.

No Events found!