Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2011 08:00

Is there a log or audit file that shows more CLI history related to SMC?

SMC help says only the replication CLI history is currently available through the GUI.

"The SYMCLI generator will save sequential commands for TimeFinder/Mirror, TimeFinder/Clone, TimeFinder/Snap, and SRDF, if these options are enabled in the Set Symmetrix Preferences dialog box.  Other commands may be available in future releases of SMC."

Is there another souce for this information?

62 Posts

August 11th, 2011 21:00

You can check with the symaudit commands.

symaudit -sid XXXX list -start_time XXXXXXX-end_time XXXXXX

18 Posts

August 12th, 2011 05:00

Excellent answer!   Very usefull.   I used the -v verbose option to see everything related to a record.  But what I am still looking for specifically is an audit that includes the exact command and parameters that were typed in. Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 12th, 2011 07:00

maybe you could find something useful in symapi log file, typically located in Program Files > EMC > SYMAPI > Log  > symapi- .log

67 Posts

August 16th, 2011 09:00

Hi,

I find the primus emc254013 very useful for reference on gathering logs. You'll see the section on VBLOCK 700 has relevant primus reference for SMC logs but you'll see Solutions Enabler as well. It's a good catch all ;-) I have not had the need for "commands issued auditing" yet! so if there is a special switch to enable for SMC to fire this out and you find it please post it here.

Hope the primus solution is helpful to you, I know it was to me.

Regards,

Victor

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

September 11th, 2011 14:00

were you able to make any progress with this? The one  you are looking for something similar to `command history` and not sure if any of the EMC logs cleary says them, May be EMC wanted to keep them a little sophisticated

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

September 30th, 2011 11:00

any one know what is mean "sequential commands"?

No Events found!