Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2017 10:00

Just SPS Testing?

I have recently set up email alerts on my Sym VMAXe.

Since doing that, I am getting alerts at roughly 2 week intervals.

Here is a summary of the related events;

5/16 - Warning - SPS1A degraded (approx 20 minute later changed to Normal-Online)

6/2 - Warning - SPS1A degraded (approx 20 minute later changed to Normal-Online)

6/15 - Critical - SBS-2B Offline

6/15 - Critical - PS-A1 Offline

6/15 - Critical - PS-B1 Offline

These three occurred at the same time and then approx 20 minutes later, all three changed to Normal-Online.

The technician says are just normal Sym process for internal SPS testing and that no action is necessary.

Coming from a CX600/700 background, I guess I expect an internal battery test to make a reference to testing in the logs.

Also seems odd that the 5/16 and 6/2 events were just warnings but the 6/15 event is critical.

Can anyone comment if I am just being paranoid.. or do these events indicate more than just a SPS test?

3 Posts

August 9th, 2017 07:00

Just following up on this question.

This unit has now been thru 4 monthly  testings session on SPS1A.

Every time it sends an alert as being degraded.

Here is the latest info I have gotten.

"The results are that SPS 1A did a battery test and is now fully charged. The reason for the alert was the completion of the full charge was outside the expected timed window. The SPS will eventually reach the battery end of life state"

Since no other SPS are creating alerts during a test it seems prudent to replace this SPS1A

(I have gotten no explanation on the SBS2B event on 6/15, but there have not been any other occurrences of that one either)

122 Posts

June 16th, 2017 02:00

Hi,
Do you have any SR for this?  whats the symm serial number?

-Paul

3 Posts

June 16th, 2017 05:00

Unfortunately this unit is past EMC support coverage. Their is no SR

The Tech that says it is just SPS testing is from a 3rd party support company

No Events found!