Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2008 06:00

Mapping LUNs to FA's

I have a question about LUN mapping. Is there a limit to how many paths you can have to each LUN through FA's? Is there a limit to the number of FA's that a LUN can be mapped to? We want to map a Meta to 4 FA's giving 4 paths to that LUN, can this be done?

thanks for any help.

2.8K Posts

Yes you can map your lun to multiple FAs .. It's the "right way" on DMX :D

I've personally mapped devices on 8 different ports .. I'm not aware of limits while mapping a volume on multiple FAs. The only limit I can see is the number of devices you can map on a single FA. But it's a whole different thread ;-)

13 Posts

Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear.

I have a question about LUN mapping. Is there a
limit to how many paths you can have to each LUN
through FA's? Is there a limit to the number of
FA's that a LUN can be mapped to? We want to map a
Meta to 4 FA's giving 4 paths to that LUN, can this
be done?

thanks for any help.

Yes,it can be done.LUN can be mapped to all FA's.

117 Posts

You can map to every FA port in the frame. Your limitation will probably be your multipathing solution. I cannot think of any environment that would not let you run on 4 paths. PowerPath will certainly work.

2.8K Posts

May 20th, 2008 07:00

If you found usefull informations in this thread, please take some time and flag usefull and correct answers. This will help other participants in finding an answer to their questions. :D

2.8K Posts

May 20th, 2008 08:00

We all said slightly different things .. He can choose the "best" answer (and mark it "correct") and however award all other answers as "usefull" :D ..

I don't want points .. I simply expect the user to mark better answers so that others may easily find the correct answer to this question .. :-)

Message was edited by:
Stefano Del Corno

117 Posts

May 20th, 2008 08:00

I did not realize two people replied while I was typing, so please mark correct answers (give points) to the first two answers.

2.8K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 02:00

Mr Rob from Maastricht is offering 14 .. Anybody offering more ?? ;-)

5.7K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 02:00

I've done 14 ! ;)

2.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2008 00:00

No one offering more ??

1 ....

2 ...

"14 ports" 3 ...

Auction is closed .. Mr Rob from Maastricht placed the higher bid. :D
No Events found!