Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2010 02:00

Symmetrix default discussions view, change required

Hi all,

Since our migration to the EMC Community  Network you have been seeing the Symmetrix Support Forums  main page with the default  discussion view.

While this is convenient for displaying content  it is limited, if we wish to share other content types beyond  discussions.

We are undertaking a pilot program to  allow EMC employees to create content via documents on this Forum.

This  documentation will be support solution centric and very relevant to  your search in the Symmetrix Support Forum. In order to allow you to  search those documents we have to deactivate the default discussion  view.

You will still have the discussion view available  to you, but it will no longer be the default. This change is an  enhancement to your Support Forums experience, allowing you to leverage  more content that is relevant to you. We will post a notification on  this Forum when the change is completed.

Thanks and  regards,

The Support Forums Team

2.1K Posts

April 20th, 2010 12:00

:-)

Don't take this the wrong way, Mark... but I have to ask (or I wouldn't be me): Wasn't the change to default to the Discussion view and enhancement? So now reversing that change is also an enhancement? Can't you just flip it back and forth a bunch of times and "super enhance" the Forum? *lol*

Honestly though, I think this makes sense. Originally there was no obvious need to use the other functions so defaulting to Discussions was the right thing to do. The opportunity to have relevant documents posted "nearby" (like the CLARiiON forum has started doing) is worth the extra clicks.

Just my opinion though...

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

April 20th, 2010 13:00

can i make current view as my default view so i don't have switch to discussions view every time i visit a forum ?

666 Posts

April 28th, 2010 09:00

Sorry I did not get back to you before now on this. I have to play around with my view and see if it can be done. I'll post what I find out.

Tomorrow morning at 08:30 GMT the default  discussion view will be disabled as described in the post above.

Cheers,

Mark

666 Posts

April 29th, 2010 06:00

Thanks Allen,

It wouldn't be you if you were not being yourself!

3 Posts

August 20th, 2018 03:00

This is about ho how to fix windows 10 bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays connections . This is the very easy task when you do from here. I am happy to tell you that it is really works.

No Events found!