Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2013 02:00

does dmx-4 support data encryption?

we have a dmx-4 1500 disk array, now we want to encrypt the data stored in the dmx-4.  thanks.

2.1K Posts

August 13th, 2013 20:00

Which enginuity version you have? I believe DMX does not support data-at-rest encryption (DARE) but support data-at-flight (Drive Erasure). Below documents describe some security configuration via solutions enabler. I can't find earlier version guide, but the concept in documents could be refered

P7, Security

https://support.emc.com/docu32563_White-Paper:-Enginuity%E2%80%94The-EMC-Symmetrix-Storage-Operating-Environment%E2%80%94A-Detailed-Review.pdf

Symmetrix Security Configuration Guide

https://support.emc.com/docu46991_Symmetrix_Security_Configuration_Guide_7.6.pdf

2.1K Posts

August 13th, 2013 20:00

BTW, your question written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time, You can select "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Symmetrix Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

2 Posts

August 18th, 2013 18:00

i got the answer already, thanks

Huang Bin

Tel: 010-64513072

136-2129-4411

Date: 2013-08-14 11:20

To: hb@acca.com.cn

Subject: Re: - does dmx-4 support data encryption?

ECN

does dmx-4 support data encryption?

reply from Fenglin Li in bin huang - View the full discussion

BTW, your question written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time, You can select "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right. Then search for and select: "Symmetrix Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on ECN

Start a new discussion in bin huang by email or at ECN

Following does dmx-4 support data encryption? in these streams: Inbox

1 Attachment

No Events found!