Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

LD

September 14th, 2009 07:00

symstat - running multiple commands

Hi,

I can only run one symstat command on the command prompt

symstat -g test -i 30 -c 2880 -reptype rdfa -v > SYMSTAT_array_poc.log

Is there a way to run multiple commands in a .bat or .exe file?

Thanks,

Lee

44 Posts

September 14th, 2009 08:00

A simple way would be to start multiple sessions and run individual commands in each window. Or in unix, you can run it in the background and log the output to different files. I use multiple windows to watch real time mostly and at the same time let it get captured.

14 Posts

September 14th, 2009 08:00

Hi,

Unfortunately I have 130 commands to run on 5 different symm boxes :(

Regards,

Lee

1.3K Posts

September 14th, 2009 10:00

Why not just run an STP collection and get all the stats at once?

30 Posts

September 14th, 2009 10:00

What are your 130 commands, do they all need to run in parallel or sequentially?

You can put commands into a .bat file, and execute that, redirecting output to a log file, thus capturing output from all the commands to a single file. Is that what you're looking for?

run_stuff.bat > logfile.txt

1.3K Posts

September 14th, 2009 14:00

You don't need a WLA license as far as I know.

Try stordaemon start storstpd
Then stordaemon show storstpd

See if that seems to work.

1.3K Posts

And you can run a STP collection using the daemons that come with the base SE package (stordaemon storstpd)

44 Posts

Lee, Makes sense to collect using STP daemon. there are too many commands to run using symstat and in my opinion, may impact the collection or the service processor.

Is the STP collection option available without WLA Performance manager license? I am assuming this is now available to user as opposed to being only available to CE's at the service processor level? I have never done that before.
No Events found!