Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

November 5th, 2003 14:00

BroadCom -sorry about the previos 2 msgs!

Where can I find the information on teaming and configuring the team in IT Assistant? I was lookiing in the folders in IT Assistant and found databases but cannot see any settings in IT Assisant nor in any docs.

Thanks

9 Posts

November 7th, 2003 18:00

Are you trying to build a Broadcomm team remotely? I'm not really understanding your question here.

I would only recommend building the team while you are working locally on the server.

9 Posts

November 7th, 2003 20:00

Unfortunately, the Broadcomm mgmt app doesn't have all the same functionality of the Intel ProSet.

I think the only speed you see is when it's using gigabit. We set everything to 100/FULL and do not use auto negotiation. It either works at 100/F or it doesn't. It's pretty easy to tell when you have a network issue.

November 7th, 2003 20:00

i configured the teaming of the NICs (fault tolerant)before i installed the programs. I want to be able to see the Speed/Duplex somewhere but i can't. Along with this, it doesn't show the ip. I installed the Broadcom agent and am wondering if I need to configure something else.

November 10th, 2003 13:00

With your Intel ProSet, where is the speed/duplex info found? in the server admin under Adapter Speed or is it in someother location? Where can you find it in IT Assistant?  My broadcoms are both set to 100 full and I can't see the ip anywhere. do you know if that part is a network or a program issue? I thought I read somewhere that it had a problem with teaming. When I don't team them, I still cannot see the speed/duplex.

99 Posts

November 12th, 2003 19:00

To change the speed and link settings for both intel and broadcom, bring up the network properties within the operating system and change them within this gui.

November 20th, 2003 16:00

so there is no way to view the status of the nics? what does the broadcom agent do then? I saw in the broadcom.cga database that it contains info on the speed/duplex of nics.  that info cannot be obtained in server admin or it assistant?
No Events found!