Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2004 20:00

Can't log in to Dell OpenManage

I have a Poweredge 2650, adn I wanted to look at the OpenManage, but I have no idea what the Username and Password are.  Is there anyway around this or a way to reset it.

July 19th, 2004 20:00

Dell Openmanage Server Administrator just uses operating system authentication. So, whatever login you use to log into your operating system should allow you to log into Dell Openmanage Server Administrator as well. When logging into Server Administrator, make sure you select the correct domain.

January 5th, 2006 15:00

I am having the similar issues with OpenManage IT Assistant and Server Administrator v4.5:

Running On

Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition on a PowerEdge 2500

THIS IS NOT WORKING

3 Posts

May 26th, 2011 07:00

Hi,

I was having the same problem I'd run Open Manager enter in my user name and password and wouldn't get any further.

I found however if I entered in the machine name as opposed to the domain name that came up I got in fine. Something akin to :-

UserName = MachineName\Administrator

Password = My Password

This would then get me to the normal black screen login and I'd enter in my domain admin details.

Hope it works for you.

Rgds Dave

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2011 09:00

Seems my wee fix of using teh machine name as opposed to the domain name is no longer working anymore.

I would really like a fix to this issue of not being able to log into the Open manager console its dragging on and tarwling the forums and no luck.

rgds Dave

15 Posts

October 11th, 2011 14:00

The machine I was trying to login on has an underscore in the name and it did not like that. I took out the name and put in the IP address and I can login now.

15 Posts

I just installed it on a domain controller and cannot login. Machine name is not an option. Clicking the "Active Director login" box does no good either. There must be a simple fix for this.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

what happens if you use the IP address of the system iteself, rather than the machine name.

I also found this:

Issues for Server Administrator running on Microsoft Windows 2008 Operating Systems

• Single sign-on may not work if Server Administrator is launched using the desktop icon. (94201)

If Server Administrator is launched using the desktop icon, Single Sign-on may not work if in the Internet Explorer, under "Tools" -> "Internet Options" -> "Security" -> "Custom Level", the "User Authentication Logon" option is set to "Prompt for user name and password".

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Find and select "Tools" from the menu.

2. Select "Internet Options" and click the "Security" tab.

3. Click "Custom level" button and scroll down to "User Authentication".

4. Under "Logon", choose the option "Automatic logon with current user name and password". If Server Administrator is running in the "Local Intranet Zone", you may choose the option "Automatic log on only in Intranet zone" instead.

5. Click "Ok" to open dialog boxes to complete the setting.

November 10th, 2011 13:00

This worked for me.  However, when I start OpenManage, I still get Internet Explorer pop-ups "Content from the website listed below is being blocked by the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration"  https://

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

November 11th, 2011 07:00

yeah, this can be worked around in a couple of ways, the easiest is to disable the Enhanced Security and Configuration in Windows. The other way is to just hit escape when the message pops up

4 Posts

March 18th, 2013 10:00

well, what sorted this out for me on our poweredge 2900 was to go to the url and change the server name on there to "localhost" and boom! im in

1 Message

July 9th, 2014 15:00

Hit Esc!

Hopefully you will be prompted for a proper login prompt  that will work as intended. Not worth investigating at the moment, but I believe it has something to do with default https restrictions.

Cheers

1 Message

May 19th, 2016 11:00

This trick worked for me

Thank you!

1 Message

May 8th, 2017 21:00

Thank you it works!

October 11th, 2017 01:00

I am not sure if changing the server name or putting localhost in the URl did it for me, but it now works. 

1 Message

July 17th, 2019 13:00

I used internet explorer .

enter the server name on the browser :   https:// :1311

on the username and password i used the same credentials i used to login into the server ( current credentials ).

Worked for Me...

No Events found!