Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2012 09:00

Dell Managment vCenter Plugin

My vCenter server is using non-standard HTTP/HTTPs ports because IIS was already installed on the server and I wanted to make the service seperate.  In this case I am using ports 88 and 444 for HTTP and HTTPS, respectively.

After properly installing the Dell Management vCenter Plugin, I am not able to register a new vCenter server.  I enter the IP as "192.168.1.XX:444".  Here is what I get:

(1) If I don't supply the port, I get an error that says"Either could not contact the given vCenter server or failed importing SSL Certificate"

(2) At first when I supplied the port, I received an error that says "Could not contact the given vCenter server. Check the vCenter status and IP/hostname"

(3) After many attemtps when I supply the port, it says "Processing: Please wait..." and never finishes. 

Has anyone else been able to get the Dell Management Plugin to work with non-standard ports for vCenter server?

Thanks in advance,

-JB

2 Posts

June 14th, 2012 14:00

Fair enough, I will see what can be done to move the existing IIS or get another box to run vCenter.

Many thanks!

272 Posts

It's my understanding that the plugin currently only supports the standard port 443.

272 Posts

glad to help!

No Events found!