Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2020 01:00

Dell Server Management Pack For SCOM 2019

Hi,

We are planning to install SCOM 2019, currently we are using SCOM 2012 R2.

As part of planning we are currently checking the 3rd party Management Packs which are supported with SCOM 2019. We see that Dell Server Management Pack has not started the support for SCOM 2019. The latest version of Dell Server Management Pack for SCOM is 7.0 which does not support 2019. 

I found that Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Version 7.1.1 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager support SCOM 2019. But version 7.1.1 is a patch version to be applied to Dell EMC OMIMSSC 7.1. So do we need to first import/install Dell EMC OMIMSSC 7.1 Management Pack and then patch it with Patch version 7.1.1?

Can anyone confirm this. Thanks in advnace!

Sreejeet

46 Posts

August 10th, 2020 04:00

Hi @hrprnetwork 

Please check if

1. OpenManage Server Administrator has been installed successfully on that server for which you are unable to see the SCOM object.  

2. Has SCOM agent been successfully installed on this server? 

If yes, you can try the following:

1. Go to Authoring -> Management Pack Objects -> Object Discovery -> Search with "Dell Server Discovery" 

2. Select the object discovery whose target is "Windows Computer" and management pack is "Dell EMC Windows Server (Scalable Edition). [under corresponding server type,i.e., modular/monolithic/sled server]

3. Right click on this and select "Overrides".  You can override the object discovery for a specific object or for entire class. In the override wizard, you can modify the discovery interval seconds. 

4. In case you are still unable to see the object, you can enable the loglevel to '1' in the above object discovery for that windows computer. This generates logs as a text file with name "Discovery_DellServer" on the server node where OMSA is installed. This could give some information if in case the discovery process is failing on this server. The log file is located in "C:\Windows\Temp" folder. 

Regards,

Anjana

13 Posts

January 21st, 2021 17:00

Are you able to install iSM on a R640 S2d Ready Node? When I enter the service tag for my server, it says the driver is not compatible even though it states in the documentation that the R640 is supported.

46 Posts

January 21st, 2021 21:00

Hi @maxpower320 ,

Which version of iSM are you trying to install on the R640 S2D node? Which version of SCOM and OMIMSSC-SCOM appliance are you using?

thanks and regards,

Anjana

No Events found!