Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2016 07:00

Front Panel USB Port Over Current is detected

PowerEdge R730xd, generated the following error last night at a time when no one was in the server room. There are no devices attached to the front panel USB port. Is this a known issue?

The USB device attached to the port identified in the message is drawing more current than is supported by the port.

Recommended Action: Reinsert the USB device in the Front Panel USB Port and retry the operation. If the issue persists, use a different USB device.

Message ID: USR0175

• 

8.4K Posts

November 30th, 2016 06:00

Amtumc,

I would start with removing all the USB devices on the server, then I would clear the NVram on the server. That is moving the jumper over on the NVRAM_CLR pins shown below. 

Move the jumper over and then power the system, once you see power indicated the NVram should clear. Power back down and restore the jumper position

Also, would you verify if the BIOS and iDrac are current as well? 

2 Posts

December 1st, 2016 07:00

The BIOS and IDRAC are one revision behind the latest.

This is a production server and, since the alert doesn't seem to be causing any actual issues, I'm unable to perform these actions during working hours. We'll put this on the to-do list for the next maintenance window and update this post when we have more information. Thanks for the reply!

• 

8.4K Posts

December 1st, 2016 09:00

Thank you. Let us know what you see when you get the chance.

No Events found!