Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2013 14:00

NAS with iDRAC6 Express - Emailing on events

Hello all,

I have NAS server with iDRAC6 Express.

I have configured it to send emails correctly when I hit the test button.  I also have checked the State box next to the email that I want the alerts to send out to.

I also have allowed alerts on all of the events:

However I dont seem to be getting any notifications.  I have RAID 1 and 5 on my server and when I pulled a drive, waited for a few minutes and then allowed it to rebuild I did not receive any notifications.

I assumed that the Redundancy Lost and Redundancy Degraded highlighted up above was referring to RAID.

Also when I pull network cables out and put them back in I do not get any notifications either.  (I still sent a test nitification to ensure that the I could receive them, despite the fact that I had pulled a specific cable out)

Am I missing a part of the configuration?

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

• 

7.1K Posts

January 15th, 2013 16:00

Hello Chris,

Have you installed and setup alerts for open manage as well?  If not then  that can be your issue as you need to have both the iDRAC & Open manage configured to send the alert.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

January 15th, 2013 20:00

Chris,

"Redundancy Degraded Filter" and "Redundancy Lost Filter" are for power supply redundancy and not for RAID. So these two alerts will not create for raid redundancy failure on iDRAC.

January 16th, 2013 08:00

Is there a way to monitor for RAID failure with iDRAC6 Express or is that only an option for Enterprise?

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

January 17th, 2013 16:00

I think the Redundancy that the iDRAC 6 alerting refers to is for power, not for disks.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

January 18th, 2013 12:00

Idrac 7 enterprise will do storage, I dont see it in 6...

No Events found!