Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2007 22:00

OM Software deployment to linux server

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to update the firmware for a perc 5/i controller on a 6850 server running ESX3.02 (RHE4) via the OpenManage software deployment service (running on Windows 2003 sp1), but the job fails saying that the "server's host key is not cached in the registry".

I have tried to install the key supplied with the driver (FRMW_LX_R168188.BIN.sign) but this shows another error (FRMW_LX_R168188: import read failed.)

I have installed the key which was supplied with he OMA install (RPM-GPG-KEY) which worked fine (or at least, did not return an error)

The host device has OM 5.3 installed, the central OM IT assistant server has 8.0.1 installed.

I need to update this firmware on 4 servers, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart.

291 Posts

December 14th, 2007 04:00

ITA uses SSH communication to perform Software Updates on managed servers running Linux.

You would see the error "server's host key is not cached in the registry", if the SSH key was not available to ITA. To fix the issue, while creating the Software Update Task, when you navigate through the wizard, in the "Select Options" wizard pane (step 4), make sure you check the check-box "Generate Trusted Key" and specify the correct port number (I assume you already specified it correctly, since you are getting this error message).

Do not confuse this key with the ".sign" file corresponding to the update package. The ".sign" file is used by IT Assistant internally to do digital signature verification (to check integrity of the package being imported to the repository). It is not related to the failure of Software Update task that you mentioned.

No Events found!