Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2014 14:00

OMSA v7.4 WHERE DID PREFERENCES GO?

Just loaded OMSA v7.4.  The preferences tab (which is where you adjust settings for the OMSA server, including updating the x.509 certificate) is not there anymore.

The web page has a link on the bottom to Manage Web Server.  But this does not accept a login (the same login that gets me into the main OMSA pages fails here).    Is this where the preferences went?

If we are using OMSA on a virtual machine to access the  VMWare host information through managing a remote host, which credentials should be accepted by OMSA for "Manage Web Server"?

38 Posts

June 20th, 2014 06:00

Hi, Thanks for the post. Once you click on the "Manage WebServer" link you need to provide the User name and password of the OS on which the OMSA is installed ( which I assume is virtual machine in your case).

Once you are able to login you can click on on Prefernces and you should get the tabs for certificate management et al; since these are Web Server properties. Please let us know if this worked.

-Sahil

98 Posts

June 24th, 2014 17:00

Thank you.  This is correct.  Manage WebServer uses my Windows login and accesses the preferences of the webserver running OMSA.  Logging into OMSA requires my vmware authentication and shows the usual server management data.

Perfect.

38 Posts

June 25th, 2014 00:00

Glad to know that. Thanks for updating us on the status.

No Events found!