Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2013 06:00

Power monitoring R710 using iDRAC, export the data.

Hello,

i am doing my masters project at the moment. One of the task is to monitor power consumption a system on bare metal as oppose to vitualization (xen). I am using the PowerEdge R710 with 64GB ram & 2x300GB sas configured as raid 1. My server also equipped with iDRAC6 enterprise.

I realize that i can monitor the power consumption using the iDRAC6's power monitoring feature. My question is, can i extract the data so that i can represent the data in other way ? Or are there any other of monitoring the power consumption on R710 ? I hope there's some guide or help from the Dell's rep or tech support.

Thank you very much

• 

8.4K Posts

May 14th, 2013 08:00

Mymohaja,

Depending on the OS installed you can use OpenManage Server Admin to monitor the server and usage. You can find the Windows version here - www.dell.com/.../poweredge-r710

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

2 Posts

May 14th, 2013 20:00

Hi,

OpenManage is a good solution, but i am looking for a solution that is OS independent, something like iDRAC6. I need this because i 'll be using Citrix Xenserver and/or XCP (from Xen Community) with multiple VMs and i'll be looking for feasibility of running certain server function as compared to bare-metal solution. I'll be using mostly CentOS for the VMs.

iDRAC6 seems a good solution for monitoring but i thinking of having any ways of exporting the data out of iDRAC.

Thank you.

No Events found!