Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 17th, 2018 01:00

R7415: Cannot upload firmware to the idrac web interface

Hi everyone,

I have a brand new PE R7145 with Idrac 3.17.18.17. I was trying to update the BIOS or the Idrac firmware by uploading the Windows EXE files as usual using the web interface. I have received the error message 'RED027 Insufficient space to upload the requested file'.

How do I clean the temporary storage of the Idrac to free space for uploading firmware files?

• 

6.2K Posts

May 17th, 2018 11:00

Hello

Did you recently deploy an operating system using the LifeCycle Controller? The LCC uses RAM drives to perform several tasks, most of those RAM drives are cleared immediately after use. The exception is during OS installation, the RAM drive created during OS install persists for 18 hours. Several iDRAC/LCC functions are limited during this period.

The RAM drive resides in volatile memory. If you don't want to wait out the 18 hours then you can perform any action that deletes volatile memory to clear the RAM drive. A full shutdown of the server or draining flea power will delete the RAM drive.

If that is not the issue you are experiencing then you will need to use the Repurpose or Retire option to delete LCC data. The latest manuals are listed under the 3.15.15 firmware support page.

http://www.dell.com/esmmanuals/

Thanks

33 Posts

May 18th, 2018 04:00

Dear Daniel,

completely removing power from the system, that's what helped here. After that, I could upload update packages to the iDRAC.

One stange thing has happened though, the firmware update iDRAC-with-Lifecycle-Controller_Firmware_406GM_WN64_3.18.18.18_A00.EXE failed with the error:"RED098: Unable to complete the firmware update operation because the specified firmware image is not compatible with the target system model." although the update itself said it was compatible with the R7415.

Regards,

• 

6.2K Posts

May 18th, 2018 08:00

Multiple iDRAC FW updates resolve issues with iDRAC update failures when updating with DUPs through the iDRAC web interface. I suggest running the update through the OS if it will not run through the web interface.

If you continue to have issues then make sure the system BIOS is up to date and try again. If that does not resolve the issue then boot into the OS and run the iDRAC installer. Choose the option to extract and then open a command line interface. Browse to the location you extracted the files in CLI and run the getsystemid.exe. It should return 0x07f7. If it returns any other value then you may not have a standard R7415.

Thanks

getsystemid.pngr7415id.png

No Events found!