Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2016 00:00

Virtual Console not availabe on R320 with iDRAC7 Ent.

Hi all,

I recently set up a new Dell R320 server and when I log-in iDRAC I don't see the live preview of the virtual console.

There is only a message saying "Since VNC session is active, Virtual Console is disabled."

Same thing If I go from the tree menu and select "Virtual Console".

Any help welcome to resolve this issue. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

• 

8.8K Posts

April 15th, 2016 08:00

Stamatis.T,

The iDrac allows either a VNC session or a Virtual Console session at any given time, but only one VNC session is allowed at any given time.The Virtual Media feature is available in both session types, but if a VNC session is active, you can only launch the Virtual Media using Launch Virtual Console and not the Virtual Console Viewer, as you will see with the error you are getting. Let me know if this is the case, also try disabling the VNC, as seen below, and see if the Virtual Console is then accessible.

2 Posts

April 24th, 2016 13:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your reply and please accept my apologies for not coming back earlier.

The promlem was (it is solved now)  that although VNC was disabled, the iDRAC web paged kept showing one active session.

Anyway, what I did was to drop session time out to 60 sec and after about 5 minutes, i did an iDRAC reset.

Everything now works as expected.

Thank you again.

Regards, Stamatis.

No Events found!