Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

January 26th, 2018 11:00

iDRAC 7 License after mother board replacement

I bought an R520 second-hand with an iDrac license on it.  However once I got the machine installed and running, there was a problem with the motherboard communicating with the iDrac and I had to replace the motherboard. This resulted in lifecycle problems and the fans running full speed etc...

Since the replacement everything started working and life is beautiful.  I was able to install a temporary license installed, how can I get a permanent license? 

• 

6.2K Posts

January 26th, 2018 13:00

Hello

The first step would be to get the server ownership transferred from the previous owner. Ownership transfer requires account verification. If you are unable to provide the required information about the current owner then you should contact the seller and ask them to complete the transfer of ownership.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/sln163555/

Once it is transferred you can contact customer care and request that a product registration code be provided. The product registration code is provided at time of purchase to the original purchaser, but a new code can be created. This registration code is required to register the system to your digital locker account. The Dell EMC Digital Locker is where you can download software and licensing like the iDRAC license.

Thanks

No Events found!