Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

May 17th, 2021 08:00

iDRAC 8 Enterprise Not Showing H730P

I have a PowerEdge T630 with an iDRAC 8 Enterprise.  The BIOS, H730P config and Open Manage all see the drives and VDs no problem.  When I connect to the iDRAC I can see the drives, VDs and controller in the System Summary but the Storage section on the left tells me there are no out of band manageable devices installed in my system.  I just updated all the firmware and BIOS to the newest and still have this issue.

• 

3.3K Posts

May 17th, 2021 13:00

Hello JRozmer,

I'm sorry to see the DRAC isn't showing the controller and disks in the storage section.

You're on a good path updating BIOS.  Just to confirm; you also updated the DRAC and the H730P firmware?

If it's all up to date try:    flea power drain (shut down, disconnect power cables, hold in power button 20 seconds with cords removed) then reconnect power, boot up (to either the OS or into the LifeCycle Controller)  and check reporting.

If not listed try a reset of the DRAC either with the GUI or command line : racadm racreset

If it still shows the same could you post screen shots of the error?

2 Posts

May 24th, 2021 09:00

I have done all those things a couple times and still have the same issue.  All firmware was updated as well.

Here are a couple screen shots, the first one is of the System Inventory screen showing the controller and the second is of the Storage section on the iDRAC showing the error.

JRozmer_0-1621872208205.png

JRozmer_1-1621872241430.png

• 

3.3K Posts

May 24th, 2021 10:00

Hello JRozmer,

Is the server booted when you pulled the screen shots?

Have the server booted either into the OS or power up and press F10 to go into the LifeCycle Controller and let it sit at main page of LCC.

Then on the Overview page of the DRAC  the far right column at the bottom is Reset DRAC (this will reboot just the DRAC) then check results.

If it does not show storage then try shut the server off, remove the PERC, power up, power back down, reinstall the PERC, and power back up and check results.

Please let me know how it goes.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2021 22:00

Were you able to solve the problem?  I am facing the same here.  Thanks.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2021 22:00

I tried all these suggestions, and still have the same problem.

• 

3.1K Posts

August 6th, 2021 01:00

Hi,

Just to confirm, in iDRAC inventory, does it list the PERC card that you're having issue with? Are you having iDRAC 8 Ent error RAC0501 on H730P. 

Can you let me know if you have run the CLI command to reset the iDRAC?

Let me know the iDRAC 8 version that you are on. Can also let me know what server model you are having issue with.

2 Posts

February 17th, 2022 03:00

I've same but with R640 iDRAC 9 and H730p Mini, FW up to date on all items, all reset options tried, no success.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

February 17th, 2022 07:00

Hello @LPOE,

Please, let me know the current iDRAC, BIOS and PERC firmware versions.

Also, did you try restarting the iDRAC completely? DId you used CMD to check if iDRAC ping was lost during the restart?

Did you try reassenting the PERC cables? If problem persist, it might be a hardware error. Is your server still on warranty?

Regards.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2022 03:00

PERC H730P Mini 25.5.9.0001

BIOS 2.13.3

iDRAC 5.10.00.00

I've tried every possible reset option and yes, i checked also with ping that the iDRAC reseted hardly.

I've tried a couple of times reassembling the PERC to the Mainboard. I've replaced the H730p Mini with an H740p Mini and it was working. Is there a way to recover the H730p ?

The H730P Mini will be recognized by Setup (F2) and i can manage Virtual Disks well. The  iDRAC System>Inventory>FW shows the correct Board.

The Support was endet end of October 21 and i've already asked for prolongation.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

February 18th, 2022 07:00

Hello again @LPOE,

Yes firmware versions are correct and if you confirm you already tried all possible resets. And even tried with a different PERC. Then the only solution might be to replace the failed part. It seems a hardware failure.

Regards.

No Events found!