Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2011 02:00

iDRAC6 Express Problems

I just colocated a server (Poweredge R515) with an iDRAC6 Express card and I can't seem to get the web interface for the card to come up.

I changed the IP/subnet/gateway address info for the iDRAC6 Express card using the Server Administrator and setting it with an extra IP I have with my colo, but when I go to https://IP/ it just says "problem loading page".  On my home network, obviously with different address info in there, it worked fine.  I've checked the address info now about 10 times and it looks right, so I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

14 Posts

April 11th, 2011 21:00

Yep, IIS or some other such service seems to have been causing the issue.  I removed that particular IP address from my network settings so Windows would know nothing about it and now the requests seem to be getting through to the iDRAC6 Express card just fine on that IP.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

April 11th, 2011 14:00

I apologize for this noob question, but you can ping it from the system that says "problem loading page"? if you try hitting the idrac from the same server the idrac is in, does it work?

14 Posts

April 11th, 2011 15:00

I get a response from "ping", but I don't know if it's actually from the card itself as the Express card uses a shared line, so I suspect it's the server OS that is responding to the ping.

On the other note, no, I can't access the web interface from the server the card is in either.

14 Posts

April 11th, 2011 20:00

Update: Solved it

It appears to have been an issue with the iDRAC6 Express card perhaps watching a different network port (one not connected; there are two embedded NICs on my machine).

In any event, instead of selecting "Shared" I selected "Shared with Failover" in the NIC settings.  After giving it a couple minutes to register the change, I tried it, and it worked now.  So I'm guessing it was watching the wrong NIC port or something.

14 Posts

April 11th, 2011 20:00

Update:  I've verified with a packet sniffer that the request is coming into the network card fine, just the idrac6 express card isn't apparently processing it or at the least, nothing's coming up on the web interface.  Still just says "Problem loading page"

14 Posts

Ok, it's all coming together.  If the server is off or restarting, the iDRAC6 Express card responds fine. Even after windows is back up and I'm remoted in, it keeps working for a minute or two before stopping working.  Maybe IIS might be causing the problem... any ideas?

14 Posts

Just joking, it's not working now just a few minutes after it did work.  How annoying...

No Events found!