Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

December 22nd, 2013 12:00

idrac7 stuck at verifying credentials v1.50.50

Cannot logon, just sticks at verifying details.

It seems to work for several hours after reset then suddenly wont let you logon again.. just goes back to the logon screen.

Any ideas?

7 Posts

December 22nd, 2013 14:00

No cert,

normal local account.

sign in from omsa on server and reset idrac

different bowers yes, ff or ie just stick, chrome just circles back to logon page.

I have reverted to a previous version 1.46 and its working for now. wont know until tomorrow if it breaks again

• 

6.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2013 14:00

Hello orbitit

Are you using certificates, single sign on, or are you just using a normal user/pass like root/calvin?

What exactly are you doing to correct the issue? You mentioned it works for several hours after a reset. Are you referring to restarting the iDRAC via racadm racreset?

When you have issues logging in have you tried logging in from a different browser or computer to see if the problem is local to your machine or with the iDRAC?

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2013 17:00

No cert,

normal local account.

sign in from omsa on server and reset idrac

In that case the issue is either with the iDRAC or the network. The next time the issue occurs try a continuous ping to the iDRAC to test for packet loss. The last time I saw an issue like this it was due to bad cache on a router. Resetting the iDRAC would cause the router to dump it's cache. Once the cache filled back up the problem would return. I'm not saying that is the case here, but it is something to consider when troubleshooting. Next time it happens don't reset the iDRAC. Instead direct attach a computer to the iDRAC interface and set it to the same network and attempt to pull it up. You could also try just disconnecting it from the switch/router for about 1 minute.

The 3 possibilities I see are iDRAC, iDRAC firmware, or a network issue. I would perform troubleshooting to narrow down to which one is causing the issue.

Thanks

7 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 02:00

Thanks. 

I did try plugging a laptop into the switch the idrac was connected into. Ruling the router out. The switch appeared fine as its just a dumb hub. Nothing special. 

Someone else posted on here about issues with 1.50 so thought id try it.

Working ok so far. 

7 Posts

January 21st, 2014 12:00

1.50 was pulled. You should either upgrade or downgrade. I use .45. Later break if you change the ports they work on

3 Posts

January 21st, 2014 12:00

We have the same issue.

R720xd with iDRAC7 firmware 1.50.50 (Build 34)
and
VRTX chassis with two blades - each blade has an iDRAC7 firmware 1.50.50 (Build 34)

Each blade and the R720 is configured with local login. When using their ip addresses they work fine. When using their hostname they get stuck on Verifying Credentials. If I login using the ip after attempting using the host name then go to Sessions, I see that the drac has started a session for the previous login.

I've tried adding the name to Compatibility View in IE and adding it as a Trusted Site. It does work for a very short period after resetting it via racadm but then stops.
No Events found!