Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2018 18:00

"No controllers found" since OMSA 9 upgrade

We've been using OMSA with CentOS 7 for many months and then a few weeks ago, OMSA upgraded on the usual overnight yum run.

Not normally an issue. We usually see SNMP monitoring fail for a few minutes during that but everything comes back.

However, this didn't happen on a number of servers of varying chassis. It's worth noting that some worked fine but others didn't (similar hardware etc).

[root@xxxx ~]# omreport storage controller
No controllers found

Machine can see the card and is running just fine.

[root@xxxx ~]# cat /proc/scsi/mptsas/4
ioc0: LSISAS1068E B3, FwRev=00192f00h, Ports=1, MaxQ=266

Drives can't be seen via OMSA interface either.

At a loss what now to try and what changed in the upgrade to cause it to break entirely.

4 Posts

June 27th, 2018 10:00

The solution appears to be that OMSA 9 does not support mptsas so rolling back to OMSA 8 seems to work fine. I wrote about it for anyone else suffering.

• 

8.7K Posts

April 10th, 2018 10:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag so we can get some additional information?

I would try to stop and restart the omsa services, if that doesn’t work try rebooting the server and if that doesn’t work try a freash install of OMSA.

4 Posts

April 10th, 2018 11:00

There are multiple servers, varying chassis.

We've:

- restarted the services, stopped and then started without any change

- restarted the servers multiple times

- reinstalled

I must stress, this was working fine until yum updated to the latest release in the repo at that time and then it would not start after. Some servers were fine with identical hardware/chassis/OS but others not.

I've attempted to downgrade to OMSA 8 which was working just fine but can't find a guide on this as it just re-installs 9 each time.

1 Rookie

• 

48 Posts

April 15th, 2018 08:00

Ive seen this message when pulling dives out a array, reinstall Open mange to the latest version

4 Posts

May 1st, 2018 18:00

No drives were pulled out.

This happened after an automatic upgrade of OMSA. Have already reinstalled multiple times.

No Events found!