Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

March 6th, 2014 12:00

random classes missing when querying idrac6 and idrac7 via winrm

I am trying to implement a detailed server inventory via winrm to the idrac but have seemingly random classes failing to get data.

Here is what I have noticed:
- the command looks to succeed but returns nothing. This is like returning a 0 exit code when something fails. This gets under my skin.
- the issue is sparse but is across multiple block releases on multiple gen idracs. I have seen issues on 11th gen idrac 1.90 (our current standard) and 12th gen 1.23.23 and 1.45.45 (our current standard)
- the issue seems to be consistent and persistent per host. If these three class are missing today, they will be missing tomorrow. However the same three classes are not missing across multiple hosts and idrac gen.

racresets fix some but not all the issues.

Does anyone know what is going on or of a way to troubleshoot this more?  I am willing to accept the kneejerk "update your FW" for the 12th gen on 1.23.23 but probably not for 11th 1.90 and 12th 1.45.45.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

March 20th, 2014 06:00

The 11th gen issues were due to CSIOR being disabled. Duh!

I still have the issue for 12th gen on 1.23.23 and will be updating to 1.45.45 next week. Yes it is still way out of date, but 1.45.45 has been stable.

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

March 24th, 2014 06:00

I spoke too soon about the idrac6 (11th gen) on 1.90. I am still having issues with DCIM_BIOSString and DCIM_BIOSEnumeration on a few systems. They return nothing.

The following work fine:

DCIM_SystemView
DCIM_LCEnumeration
DCIM_ControllerView
DCIM_iDRACCardView
DCIM_MemoryView
DCIM_PhysicalDiskView
DCIM_PowerSupplyView
DCIM_VirtualDiskView
DCIM_NICView
DCIM_NICEnumeration
DCIM_PCIDeviceView
DCIM_SoftwareIdentity  
DCIM_PSNumericSensor
DCIM_EnclosureView

Does anyone known what piece isn't talking to each other correctly and/or how to fix it?

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

March 27th, 2014 08:00

A racreset got the DCIM_BIOSString and DCIM_BIOSEnumeration to work on idrac6 (11th gen). I have no idea why.

I am still having issues with some missing data with idrac7 (12th gen). I will start a new thread for that.

No Events found!