Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2013 10:00

Strange iDRAC issue

I'm having a strange issue with iDRAC on 2 PowerEdge R720s. This is my first time using iDRAC. I recently updated all the firmware and the LC and iDRAC on the machines using the Platform Update DVD. When I log into iDRAC on either of the machines using Chrome or IE, I get a correct web page. When I log in using Firefox, I get an incorrect page that has different options, a different Dell logo, and some of the functions do not work. I don't know why the look and feel of the page would be different between various browsers. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this or knows what may be going on. I have attached partial screenshots of the two different pages I get. Thanks!

Chrome and IE page displayed

Firefox page displayed

30 Posts

November 6th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

Which firefox version are you using? Can you clear the cache and retry. Generally that does the trick.

Regards,

Mondeep

7 Posts

November 6th, 2013 12:00

I am using Firefox 25. I had never opened the iDRAC pages in Firefox before seeing this behavior. When I saw it was having issues, I then tried Chrome and IE. I can try clearing the cache, but there was nothing cached before the issue was observed.

7 Posts

November 6th, 2013 12:00

Thank you, that did it. I am not sure why the pages had issues when they had never been opened in Firefox before, but nevertheless, clearing the cache did cause them to appear correctly.

No Events found!