Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2013 07:00

iDRAC 6 Enterprise version

After replacing a motherboard on dell R510 server I no longer have iDRAC 6 Enterprise ( which was originally shipped with the server) but now I can see the express version. The enterprise card is connected. Do I need to do anything after changing the motherboard to get back to the enterprise version

990 Posts

April 8th, 2013 08:00

Good morning.    Restart the server and enter the Ctrl E bios when its presented during POST.   Confirm that you can dedicate a port  (page 34,  http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_remote_ent_sys_mgmt/integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-6-for-monolithic-srvr-v1.5_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf 

Also confirm you have the physical iDRAC port with the wrench next to it.

Regards,

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

April 8th, 2013 15:00

it may be necessary to go into the Cntrl _E, then reset the idrac to defaults. This will reset the idrac and it will then check to see if it has an Enterprise card attached and will then use it (assuming its correctly connected to the system board).

5 Posts

April 11th, 2013 09:00

Thanks I am now sorted out. I had to resit the card again, changed the LAN parameter NIC to 'dedicated' in iDRAC settings and it worked.

No Events found!