Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2014 06:00

iDrac 7 Issue

Hi there,

I have a lot of Dell 610 and 510 servers all runing iDRAC Enterrise 6. All working a treat.

We have recently got a new Dell 620 server, with iDRAC Enterprise 7.

I have configured it, can ping it but cannot login in remotely. I have read all the other forum posts but stll havng trouble.

I have tried IE8, Chrome, Firefox.

I have added the URL to my trusted sites, deleted all the browsing data, removed the latest Java on my computer, installed the certificate but still no joy. I can still connect to all my other servers runing iDRAC 6, but wondered if anyone had any other ideas?

Many thanks

Kevin

12 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 12:00

Kevin, if you still see this behavior, the login screen reloads after entering credentials, try using the IP address in the browser address bar and not the DNS name.

This same problem appeared on my iDRAC7s after updating the firmware to v1.50.50.  I've updated to v1.51.51 and still have the same issue.  Using the IP address is a workaround, though.

• 

8.4K Posts

January 27th, 2014 08:00

Kevin_Cambs,

The big difference between the iDrac 6 and 7 is the licensing. The Enterprise card is present regardless in the 12th gen servers (620's), but now the Enterprise is accessed via licensing. Have you licensed it for the Enterprise yet? If not, are you plugged into the Wrench port? If so, you need to access the SYSTEM SETUP, then IDRAC SETTINGS-NETWORK and see if the NIC Selection is showing the nic port and not Dedicated. 

Now if you do have the Enterprise licensing and have added it then in that same NIC Selection pulldown, verify if Dedicated is selected. The iDrac wrench (dedicated) port is only usable with the Enterprise, so if it isn't licensed yet then it wont work in that port. 

Let me know what you see,

Hi Chris , thaks for getting back to me,

Its definately Enterprise, cause I wanted the dedicated NIC on the back of the machine.

Dedicated was selected when I last looked at it, and I have assigned the IP address I want and can ping it.

I have just double checked it and its definately selected as Dedicated, and its got the IP address in I want etc.

Is trhere anything else in there I should look for?

thanks

Kevin

• 

8.4K Posts

Swap the selector to shared and see if it is then accessible. If so then verify the license is showing.

January 28th, 2014 03:00

Hi Chris

could you give me a bit ore on where to find this please? I have been thru the iDrac network settings but can't see it .....

Thanks

Kev

kEV

• 

8.4K Posts

January 28th, 2014 05:00

Where you saw the Dedicated, that should be a drop down menu. You should have Shared or LOM1/NIC1. Select one of those and then the drac is shared on nic1. This will test if there is a possible issue with the dedicated port, if the drac functions on the nic.

January 28th, 2014 06:00

OIC cheers!

January 28th, 2014 06:00

Right, stuck it in LOM4, swapped the cable over, login page appears, and I enter the credentials, and the log in page just reloads.

When I put in an inccrect iDRAC password it does actually come back and tell me the password is incorrect.....

So I wonder if there are any partiular client settings I need for my browser?

thanks for your help, its really appreciated

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

January 28th, 2014 07:00

Can you clear browser cache and try the same

January 29th, 2014 01:00

Hello

Done that, tried a new Windows user account and a different browser, and still no joy.

I left it overnight because it said the maximum number of sessions reached, and I have tried it agai this morning, 14 hours later and it still says maximum number of sessions reached...I have to re boot it and remove the power toget around this problem

I have another one of these being delivered later this week, so I will try it on that as well, but I am beginning to think the iDrac has a probem....

793 Posts

January 30th, 2014 17:00

If you are getting to the DRAC login page, then all the basic networking is fine.  Try restarting the DRAC by holding in the Identify button for a little bit, I think 10 seconds is usually enough.  It is the same button that when pressed briefly makes the system status indicator flash blue.  If that doesn't work, try connecting a laptop or other system directly to the DRAC's NIC via crossover cable, then try it that way to get any firewalls or goofy switches out of the way.

February 4th, 2014 00:00

@StephenS you mate are a legend!

its working, I was pulling my hair out !!

thanks for taking the time to reply, its really appreciated

Kevin

12 Posts

February 4th, 2014 04:00

Kevin, thanks for the enthusiastic support and the legendary status but I have to give credit to Jack.Dobiash.  He suggested his in another thread, http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4469/t/19540100.aspx.

While this gains access through the iDRAC web GUI inventory is still broken.

February 5th, 2014 03:00

Well appreciate it, the seond server I got this wqeek another Dell 620, has the same problem, but at least we can get to the iDRAC.

Hopefully it may be resolved at some point!

Thanks again

Kevin

No Events found!