Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2010 14:00

2.1 problems

I updated to 2.1 today, and a few things have bugged me. This involves; my "back", "menu" and "home" keys flashing 3/4 times after each minute or so.

My g-sensor seems to be mirrored, from left to right for games like doodle jump (means i tilt the screen left to go right, and tilt right to go left). However landscape works for other apps, but then that could be Doodle Jump.This bugs me, mainly because I ran the leaked 2.1 until today, which worked flawlessly and decided to get the newest build today via the system update feature. However, the update doesn't work very well. I've done a factory reset, but I still get the "dodgy" g-sensor bug as well as the flashing buttons.

I also think my texts get recieved far slower too. Anyone experience the same thing, or can explain the flashing lights?

24 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 15:00

I bought a Dell STreak direct from UK Dell 2 weeks ago, just seen new update for the device, spent 30 mins downloading almost 90MB and I thought - GREAT 2.1!!!!!  After it fiddled about and installed I had - yes you guessed it - 1.6 !! Cheers Dell, you never cease to amaze me. No wonder Apple STREAKS ahead.....

11 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 15:00

I'm assuming the update did the same for me. Because, although I was on 2.1 it wasn't an OFFICIAL release, it was a leak. That ran completely fine though. So today I got a new official build from O2,  and it thinks its the leak cos it says "2.1 -update1" under firmware version. So now for some reason I get flashing lights, as well as a messed up g-sensor for playing games!

11 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 18:00

You can undo your update and go back to default, or clean install it.

You see... My streak was bought from Dell. I could NOT install 2.1 by flashing alone. What I did was, rooted the streak and forced a custom ROM (from Modaco) on it. Then  I restored it (with fastboot and command prompt) from there to the 2.1 leak and original bootloader. 

So basically flash a new loader, install a custom ROM. Install the default loader (using fastboot and command prompt). then Recover using the Update.pkg in the root of your SD.

Then your streak would be as new again. However, we shouldn't have to do this for our updates. Updates should be straight forward. Leak or no leak, if we wanted to go from leak to a newer official build, we should be able to do it without problems. 

Dell need to sort this out.

11 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 18:00

I updated to 2.1 today, and a few things have bugged me. This involves; my "back", "menu" and "home" keys flashing 3/4 times after each minute or so.

My g-sensor seems to be mirrored, from left to right for games like doodle jump (means i tilt the screen left to go right, and tilt right to go left). However landscape works for other apps, but then that could be Doodle Jump.This bugs me, mainly because I ran the leaked 2.1 until today, which worked flawlessly and decided to get the newest build today via the system update feature. However, the update doesn't work very well. I've done a factory reset, but I still get the "dodgy" g-sensor bug as well as the flashing buttons.

I also think my texts get recieved far slower too. Anyone experience the same thing, or can explain the flashing lights?

Yep I'm now having the same problem...... Is Dell aware of this? can I go back to how it was before this stupid update?

11 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 23:00

Thanks Zeikku.

14 Posts

September 4th, 2010 01:00

I backed up my Streak before the new 2.1 update but it just wont synchronise. I haven't a clue what to do next as all my details are on the backup. Can anyone help?
I have checked the Auto Sync box and still nothing

3 Posts

September 4th, 2010 04:00

Hi this is Olaf from Dubai, same problem , keys flashing 3 to 4 times after each minute................

Dell, can you help your customers in Dubai  ????

Have two friends with the same problem.............

Dell can you do something?

thanks

Olaf

September 4th, 2010 10:00

Have unlocked UK Streak direct from Dell.

Ran official update today. After a long process I still have 1.6 but with random flashing keys.

Tried factory reset to no avail.

Really disgraceful and unprofessional Dell.

Sort this out NOW for your customers . . .

11 Posts

Olaf, I'm glad I'm just not alone in this. I may try fixing my update via fastboot. Chances are I'll get a new model from Dell seeing as THEIR update, messed up MY phone. :(

You tried Doodle Jump btw olaf? G-Sensors is messed up.

11 Posts

The leak was way more stable and better than this. The official release should have been a slight improvement, but this is so MESSED UP! Flashing keys, messed up G-Sensor calibration, not changing entries for the system info....:( Dell.... sort this out.

11 Posts

September 4th, 2010 11:00

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/Android2.1update.pkg

try that!

11 Posts

Nice man, At least they've shed some light on the issue.

Also to fix the flashing lights guys...

• Just download the update manually from Dell
  • Copy the pkg file to the root of your SD card via USB.
  • Then rename it to "Update.pkg" (without speech marks).
  • Disconnect the USB connection.
  • Remove the back case or shut down your phone.
  • Turn it on by holding both Vol up and Down with the power button until the bootloader shows up...
  • select option 2, on the boot loader menu this will re-install Android from the Update.pkg on your SD.

It seems simple but it worked... this is how it should of kind of been from the first install....

though my G-sensor is is still broken due to 2.1.... FIX THAT DELL!

11 Posts

Hi all I contacted Dell and after a factory reset it still have the problems. They have had a lot of calls for the same issue.  Mine has been RMA'd they will pick it up on Monday, they told me they will fix or replace it and it will be updated to 2.1 What a mess........

11 Posts

Zeikku

Do you have the download link?

Thanks

11 Posts

September 4th, 2010 12:00

thanks dowloading now

No Events found!