Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2014 21:00

750-AADH Warranty Replacement Question

Could someone please help me with a warranty issue! I purchased a Dell Stylus model 750-AADH from Antonline.com through Amazon.com back in April (I can provide the receipt) which worked wonderfully for a few months but has since quite working. I first called Antonline to see about exchange it but only provide the typical 30 day return and said I would have to contact Dell for replacement. I called dell support and talked to 6 people at 4 different departments who were ultimately unable to help me because I was not provided a dell order number with my purchase and there is no service tag on the item. I also perused a resolution through Facebook/ email with Shridhar Mohan at Dell who was also unable to help me for similar reasons. I have contacted Antonline to see if they could provide me a dell order number for the stylus and was told they do not have access to them. The stylus packaging says it was manufactured in March of 2014 so I imagine it should be covered by the manufacturers warranty but I have no idea how to go about getting it replaced. I am very disappointed with the customer service experience so far. It used to be if you had an issue with a product a sales receipt was enough for a manufacturer to honor the warranty.  Please someone help. The only number I have is the PPID # "CN-0XXXX-XXXXX-XXX-XXXX" on the stylus. It has been suggested that the Dell order number may be able to be looked up by this number.

Thanks,

BobsledOhio

915 Posts

July 29th, 2014 00:00

Unfortunately, I have seen Dell act this way before as to Dell products--specifically, the stylus--purchased through authorized non-Dell resellers, such as the Microsoft Store.  It makes no sense, as the warranty, a legal obligation, still applies.  I can only ascribe it to the Dell labyrinth, and consumers not knowing how to reach the right person/dept. (and Dell reps. not knowing who to refer consumers to).  It really has been embarrassingly shameful, especially where the stylus is generally known to have been problematic and Dell has been attempting to repair the damage.

Have you tried the following specific mobile products number?  Perhaps that would help. 

Mobile Devices (Phones) & Tablets
1-800-308-3355 24/7

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/category/Contact-Information/Technical-Support?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

10 Posts

July 29th, 2014 06:00

I'll give that number a try this evening. Thanks by the way.

10 Posts

July 29th, 2014 06:00

It definitely make one feel helpless. I am definitely what you would call an even tempered man but my call experience to the general support line really made my blood boil. Having to explain the entire situation to every agent just to be told they couldn't help me without a stupid Dell order number. Then being passed on to another person with the promise that they will be able to help me. I feel like if they don't know how to help someone their instructions are to just keep playing hot potato until the customer gives up. 4-5 years ago you would pretty quickly get escalated to someone that could help but I was actually told by the last support agent that he doesn't have a single extension he could send me to that had any power to do anything without a Dell order number for my stylus then proceeded to dump my call back into the main directory.

No Events found!