Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2010 07:00

ATTN: UK O2 Streak Customers - Post 2.1 Update Syncing Issues

Please go here http://cot.ag/bZQE5D to download the latest PC Suite if you have upgraded Android to 2.1.

Long address:

Please respond to this post if you still have issues with syncing your Streak after you install this new PC Suite software. It is very helpful if you include specific details in your response. I will be addressing other post-Android 2.1-update-issues in a separate blog post after reviewing some additional customer posts on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your patience and feedback!

Amy

September 16th, 2010 05:00

dude, check my previous post where I gave the direct FTP link to the download, then you wont have to deal with the download manager.

8 Posts

This is the exact message I get when I tried the ftp download

This web page is not found.

No web page was found for the web address:ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/Updated%20Dell%20%20Streak%20PC%20Sync%20Tool%20(%C3%89clair%202.1).zip

More information on this error

Below is the original error message

Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.

8 Posts

@RUSMICHEALS, I tried the link and it is not working, Page not found messages pops up anytime I put the link in the address bar.

September 16th, 2010 06:00

just go here, and you will se eit in the list

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/

3 Posts

September 16th, 2010 06:00

What about just typing in :

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com

You should get a list of directories, click on Handheld, you should be able to browse the files.

Last file in the listing is Updated Dell  Streak PC Sync Tool (Éclair 2.1).zip

If that doesn't work you have other problems to worry about.............

8 Posts

September 16th, 2010 07:00

Thanks Dude, I can connect and PC suite can se my phone connected.

Now Dell, I can not restore my backup to my phone, I hope Dell is working to get this also sorted.

Thanks RUSSMICHAELS.

September 16th, 2010 08:00

I had one of my posts moderated/deleted 3 times because they didn't like what I wrote. I gave up posting it in the end. Clealry it is manually moderated as the post appeared and was then deleted later.

Perhaps if they spent as much time on customer service and support as they do on forum moderating we might have a working system.

3 Posts

September 16th, 2010 08:00

My problem still has not been resolved.

If I make a calender entry / deletion / update in the Streak, it will update Google Calender but when I sync Google Calender to Outlook, Outlook does not get updated.

If I make the entry / deletion / update in  Google calender both Outlook and streak get updated on sync.

If I make the entry / deletion / update in Outlook, Google calender gets updated but the streak does not.

I can sync Streak with Outlook OR Google but not both, if I try to sync with both I get duplicate entries, except for the ones as per the conditions above.

I have tried syncing in every possible direction and combination without success.

14 Posts

September 19th, 2010 07:00

Hello Amy

After the 02 update, my Streak does not perform a backup, although it says it has completed a FULL backup it says 0 bytes. The exact wording is below.

Also the phone has a window saying Backup  Please wait restarting system. I have left this on for over 30 minutes but have to Power Off to remove it

Backup

Name: My Dell Streak - 19/09/2010 13:46:47

Date: 19/09/2010 13:46:50

Type: Full backup

Size: 0 bytes

Mobile Phone

Mobile Phone IMEI: 354000030141289

Mobile Phone Model: Dell Streak

Name: My Dell Streak

Categories

First boot

All user data

Backup Status

Successful with 2 remark(s).

Remarks

All user data:

telecom/data - Item not found.

First boot:

telecom/firstboot - Item not found.

September 20th, 2010 14:00

I STILL CANNNOT SYNC MY PHONE WITH MY PC - I HAVE NEVER FAILED TO DO THIS WITH ANY SOFTWARE BEFORE!!!

370 Posts

September 21st, 2010 14:00

Hi ChrisHarvey,

Can you tell me what application you used to backup your data prior to the 2.1 update and new version of PC Suite? 

Thanks,

Amy

370 Posts

September 21st, 2010 14:00

Hi John,

I want to make sure we are on the same page here, so please bear with me as I verify your situation.

1.) How did you back up your data prior to the 2.1 Android OS update? What application did you use? Did you backup your data to the SD card?

2.) Following the 2.1 OS Android update, did you installed the latest Dell PC Suite from the link I provided above with no issues?

3.) Following the 2.1 OS Android update, did you install the application you used to create the backup and restore your data from the SD card to the device?

Thank you,

Amy

370 Posts

September 21st, 2010 15:00

Hi Mystreak,

What application did you use to backup your data to your SD card prior to the 2.1 update? Were you able to download the app after the update and have you tried using that application to restore your data?

Per the update messaging found here (http://www.o2.co.uk/dellStreakupdate), users were instructed to download an application to backup data to the SD card prior to the update. Then download that app afterwards to restore your data.

"In preparation for the Android 2.1 update, make sure you back up all your data. Anything not stored on the SD card will be erased. Check the Android Marketplace for applications that can back up user content (like contacts, SMS, etc.) Applications can be re-downloaded from the Downloads tab in the Android Marketplace. "

Thanks,

Amy

September 22nd, 2010 04:00

Hello Amy, thanks for not abandoning us!

I used  dell pc suite 0.40 to perform backup on my work pc (XP Pro) and it worked first time.  BACKUP file on sd card and on pc (safe)  Home pc running Vista would connect to phone, and sync but backup failed (the old 0 bytes issue)

Now with clean reinstalls of dell pc suite software of vers 0.48 neither pc suite will see my phone as connected.  Both PC's can see the phone fine, and I can access the sd card no bother.

I have deleted the android drivers etc on both pc's and allowed a reinstall but to no avail.

Stuck.  Over to you!

14 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 08:00

Hi Amy

I carried out a full backup using the PC Suite before updating to 2.1

I updated to 2.1 and all was fine until I went to restore my phone using the PC Suite. It would not connect. It was not until I got the reply from you that there was a new version of PC Suite and the old one would not work.

Why didnt 02 tell us this? I had over 500 contacts in my phone and the information will not transfer over. Are you saying that contacts are not stored on the SD card like on my Nokia N95?

The Streak seems all too complicated if you have to download an application to store your contacts etc.

I loved my Streak when I first had it and recommended it to friends and family. I am now totally disillusioned as it has cost me business due to not storing my contacts. 02 and Dell should be aware that our business are kept on these products.

Did 02 know before hand that there was a new version of PC Suite and if so, did they know it would not backup contacts from the old version.

I know it is not your fault Amy and I appreciate you are only the face of the company but I think UK customers of the Streak have been treated terribly and think I have purchased £429 worth of rubbish

Yours disillusioned, John

No Events found!