Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2011 13:00

Absurd order delay for the Venue Pro

Ordered my Venue Pro on August 8th. Delivery date was originally August 24th. Okay, I waiter the two weeks. Next, it was bumped to September 7th. Mad at Dell, but said "what the heck" and decided to wait.Today I was told that I might receive it before September 21st. 

What a joke.

Oh, and I'm paying for a renewed contract with AT&T that was tied to the purchase of this device. I've contacted by phone, Facebook, and @DellCares on Twitter, and it's been pretty useless.

Dell delivery fail. Guess my order has been Dell-ayed again.

5 Posts

September 7th, 2011 11:00

Same here, I've been bumped to "on or before" the 23rd. Their customer support seems to be worthless. I'm not sure if I should continue waiting or just cancel my order. They say that they're trying to take care of "backlog"

Were you give any reason as to why you were delayed? There's a rumor going around that they're delaying so that they can ship it with the Mango update. 

The weird part is, if you go to http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=mscovy1&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&model_id=mobile-venue-pro 

then the preliminary ship date for the phone on t-mobile is tomorrow!

Dell, if you reading this. You're wondering why the product sales isn't taking off? This is why. A perfectly good product which everybody wants, and you just can't sell them so you diss off customers. Both prospective and current. And those who stick with you aren't particularly rewarded either. All things considered, the DVP is a last gen phone (doesn't have 4g, dedicated graphics, dual core processor, or a front facing camera), launched in December, and you still have manufacturing and shipping problems? Do you need a billboard saying that something's wrong somewhere?

2 Posts

September 7th, 2011 13:00

I cancelled my order, went to Best Buy, and walked out of the store with my new Samsung Focus WP7 phone in less than 30 minutes.

Goodbye, Dell.

2 Posts

September 17th, 2011 09:00

Mine has shipped. Ordered Venue Pro on July 29 ...scheduled to arrive on September 20th with Windows 7.5. I paid 1.98 with a contract renewal via ATT.   What I like is the keyboard.......and large screen and if the operating system is more stable than Android. I will be happy camper...we shall see.

5 Posts

September 19th, 2011 12:00

Well...........I wonder if all the units being shipped right now have 7.5 in them......???

I ordered mine Saturday the 17th and today is the 19th and I got a notice it has been shipped, so no complaints yet from me....t-mobile ...got the 16gb.......will arrive on my birthday..

The keyboard was a selling point for me also........it is about the same size as my OQO e2.

The tethering situation does not please me at all.......but that is my only pre-complaint.

5 Posts

September 20th, 2011 20:00

Did you get yours? I see that mine has 7.0 on it - what about you?

The sticker for my box was broken .. I want to go in for a replacement but am worried about waiting for another month before it arrives!

But that apart, i simply love it! Awesome hardware quality ! :)

2 Posts

September 20th, 2011 20:00

No...it will come tomorrow. Two Dell reps gave me a different story.  One said W7.5 would be preloaded (about 3 weeks ago). Last night I was told no. However, I was told once W7.5 was released I could upgrade over the air. Looking like Xmas now for the upgrade.

No Events found!