Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2015 13:00

Android 5.0 Lollipop coming to the Venue 8 7840 Tablet.

It has been remarked on a few places in the forums that the Venue 8 7840 series doesn't ship with Lollipop.  I have been informed that Lollipop is expected to be available via OTA for the 7840 sometime in February

I will post again once I have specific dates when the OTA will be available and any information on the availability of Lollipop for other models of Dell tablets.

TB

Currently the Lollipop OTA is expected on April 21 and it will be version 5.01.  I will post here if I receive any new information.

22 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 05:00

Terry or someone else form Dell.... you need to respond here. Were all freaking out right now since we feel that your leaving us high and dry right now. This is not the time to be quiet, this is the time to talk even more to keep us in the loop of whats going on....

at this point you should even be offering your customers so kind of a big discount or something as a act of good faith. I doupt it would happen but I think it would be a start... 

1 Message

April 23rd, 2015 06:00

I was at Best buy yesterday holding the 7840 in my hand. And even said to the rep 'can I get one of these' - in the next moment I walked out with a new Nexus 9 and lolli 5.01.

Have a nice day !

56 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 07:00

I will keep posting here and Facebook's customer support page EVERY SINGLE DAY until we get answers. The silence is disgusting. Dell, you need to speak up NOW!

April 23rd, 2015 09:00

FYI this is what I received back from a Dell rep via Facebook Chat

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have checked with our teams and unfortunately we do not have an update on the availability on Lollipop launch for your device yet. We will keep a tab on this and revert to you once we have an update on this launch. We apologize for this delay.

There have been some technical difficulties which is being worked on by the development teams. Once we have an update on the release the same will be released publicly, we will also continue to track this for you. Currently, we do not have any further updates on the release date.

7 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 09:00

if anybody knows anything about Android software updates across all platforms cell phones tablets cetera they better get it right the first time otherwise doesn't matter how quick they give it to you it still if it's not right

10 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 10:00

You are correct it is not Terry's fault he is after all just a customer advisor on this forum...but here is the problem Terry or anyone else for that matter should come forward with some explanation as to what's going on.

Sony, Rockstar ,Samsung, Nokia in fact a lot of companies have done the same in the past, happy too acknowledge progress but unwilling to come forward with answers when there are problem's...and if a company stays quiet for to long it makes customers who let's face it paid hundreds of pounds on a tablet with the promise's of this being included upon release and have been lied to on 5 separate occasions are going to be a little peeved.

We aren't saying its Terry's fault we simply want clarification on what the issue was and a rough but fair estimate on a newer release time.

30 Posts

I will keep posting here and Facebook's customer support page EVERY SINGLE DAY until we get answers. The silence is disgusting. Dell, you need to speak up NOW!

Agreed.  Terry needs to get on here and let all of us know what is going on.  Just one day before the update he stated that we were still good to go for the 21st, and now silence.  Poor business.

56 Posts

I got the same response to my angry comment on their page. It's the same bad excuse. They don't know what's going on any more than this Terry guy, who's now gone silent, does. Dell with a passion right now it's unreal.

Well I don't blame Terry for disappearing since everyone here has lost their sense of decency.

We should be thankful to him as he has been at least some what helpful when no one else at Dell has been.

This. It's not Terry's fault. He's just the messenger. I'm still amazed at how poorly Dell is handling this. Definitely the only and last Dell device I will ever buy.

56 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 12:00

You are correct it is not Terry's fault he is after all just a customer advisor on this forum...but here is the problem Terry or anyone else for that matter should come forward with some explanation as to what's going on.

Sony, Rockstar ,Samsung, Nokia in fact a lot of companies have done the same in the past, happy too acknowledge progress but unwilling to come forward with answers when there are problem's...and if a company stays quiet for to long it makes customers who let's face it paid hundreds of pounds on a tablet with the promise's of this being included upon release and have been lied to on 5 separate occasions are going to be a little peeved.

We aren't saying its Terry's fault we simply want clarification on what the issue was and a rough but fair estimate on a newer release time.

This. Couldn't agree more. No one is saying it's Terry's fault but at this point he's gone silent now too. Whether it's Terry or someone else at Dell, we all deserve answers. The way this whole thing has been handled is atrocious. Not a happy customer/consumer at all. 

102 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 16:00

Terry? In all honesty he is as clueless as the rest of us, he posted what he read nothing more, he has zero insight or any clue when or even if dell plans on updating any of their tablets to 5.0.

102 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 16:00

Terry? In all honesty he is as glueless as the rest of us, he posted what he read nothing more, he has zero insight or any glue when or even if dell plans on updating any of their tablets to 5.0.

38 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 23:00

Anybody that reads this thread... if you have connections to any tech site, lets try and get this mess written up on engadget or theverge .com

38 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 23:00

i think terry might not have glue, but i'm sure he has a clue.

No Events found!