Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2013 09:00

Dell Aero not detected on PC

My Dell Aero phone is not recognized on Windows XP and 7. Windows detects it as Ethernet device but driver installation fails I installed PC-Sync but does not detect it. I can't charge it using USB port of a PC either.

I've tried changing default USB connect mode, but nothing helps 

5 Posts

January 10th, 2013 20:00

android_winusb.inf fine was missing in my installation of XP.  copied one from net.  But in the meanwhile I also installed Android SDK.  Then reset the phone to it's original settings and chose ADB as default USB connect mode. It installed drivers again and PC suite, edia sync etc started working fine with XP. Connected the same phone to WIn 7 pc at home and it worked with no problems.

In my opinion:

1) Reset the phone and connect.

2) If that doesn't work copy android_winusb.inf file from net in to Dell Aero/drivers folder.

3) There are 2 exe files. Run the one with gui

4) If nothing works, install Android SDK and select download of files for Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 after installation. Reboot and check

19 Posts

January 11th, 2013 06:00

hey thanks so very much dear....it worked....i didnt need to install android sdk.....just resting did the wonder....i uninstalled and installed pc suite again also..now my phone is detected......thanks so very much dear....thats what power of internet.....bravo

2 Posts

January 8th, 2013 22:00

I'm having the exact same problem. I've got the PC Suite Sync tool installed and working, but not recognized by the PC. Hoping someone replies.

5 Posts

January 9th, 2013 00:00

On my XP PC at work, I installed Google's Android SDK. Copied a file android_winusb.ini in Drivers folder of Dell  in Program Files folder. Then reseted  the phone. It started working on XP at least. Will now try on 7.

I think only a reset is necessary.

5 Posts

January 9th, 2013 22:00

For windows 7, it worked just by reset of phone. Additional steps mentioned in previous post was random troubleshooting .

2 Posts

January 9th, 2013 22:00

You had to install the SDK??? I tried to point Windows to the android_winusb.ini file but it says that it won't work with my hardware? Why would the developers kit have to be installed?

19 Posts

January 10th, 2013 10:00

hi there, just want to know that whether after doing ur troubleshooting are you able to sync ur dell aero with dell pc suite....coz i'm still not able to get my dell aero connected with dell pc suite.....it shows disconnected on pc suite always...

19 Posts

I'm having the exact same problem. I've got the PC Suite Sync tool installed and working, but not recognized by the PC. Hoping someone replies.

dear as far as getting phone detected is concerned, in that case i can help u out. i have windows 7 home basic version and i have bought the same cheap dell aero which each one of us have bought from online. yes it poses hell lot of problems.

now if u want that ur phone to be detected just open device manager. there it must be shown as ethernet gadget just right click on it, click upgrade driver software, now click browse my computer for driver software, now click on let me pick form a list of device drivers, now click on all devices and click next, now click on have disk and from there browse for the file "android_winusb" in phone driver folder in program files folder....open that file anyway and select any option...ur phone will be detected and starts charging.....but now my problem starts by doing this neither this phone is detected by dell pc suite nor any other pc sync software so now maybe u guys can help me out from here.....

19 Posts

dear as far as getting phone detected is concerned, in that case i can help u out. i have windows 7 home basic version and i have bought the same cheap dell aero which each one of us have bought from online. yes it poses hell lot of problems.

now if u want that ur phone to be detected just open device manager. there it must be shown as ethernet gadget just right click on it, click upgrade driver software, now click browse my computer for driver software, now click on let me pick form a list of device drivers, now click on all devices and click next, now click on have disk and from there browse for the file "android_winusb" in phone driver folder in program files folder....open that file anyway and select any option...ur phone will be detected and starts charging.....but now my problem starts by doing this neither this phone is detected by dell pc suite nor any other pc sync software so now maybe u guys can help me out from here.....

1 Message

July 7th, 2013 00:00

hi, am also using dell aero but i dono how to install pc suite for my device in windows xp. Kindly anyone help me with the step-by-step procedures,please.

No Events found!