Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2013 15:00

Dell Latitude 10 ST2e - Battery Error

Today I restarted my Dell Latitude 10 ST2e tablet and I got the following error for no reason. I pressed the Windows button and it started normally, with 48% battery life, I have restarted a few times and it hasn't reappeared. I have the latest drivers and BIOS A04 installed.

Any suggestions to why this happened?

11 Posts

January 27th, 2015 06:00

My solution? After doing everything mentioned in these articles (mentioned in my own post on this page), I purchased another battery for cheap and it has been working well ever since! That was the quickest and easiest solution found, sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear. :|

11 Posts

December 22nd, 2013 01:00

I know this is old, but how did you resolve your problem? I'm getting the same error message and my battery is totally dead. I had BIOS A00 and support told me that I needed to upgrade the BIOS. Of course you can't do it without the battery being at least 20 percent full. I was able to force flash my BIOS (not recommended) by using a command line in cmd.exe. I did it without concern, since my power adapter was plugged into a 12v car battery charger. Dell prevents you from doing this with just the AC power, because of possible power outage during the update. If that happens, it would render the device useless. Of course using the 12v battery charger, this would not be the case. 

Anyway...It didn't help (it did restore my camera operable), so I guess the battery is toast. I just took the battery out of it and is waiting on a battery to put in it. Now I wish I would have just got the non Essentials model, as it seems they don't have this problem and a battery for that model is easy to find.

2 Posts

October 1st, 2014 09:00

I am getting the same error as well.  On another forum I found a solution that worked for someone else.  By updating the BIOS and Intel chip firmware the battery was recognized and able to charge.

In my case, running both updates only allowed the battery to be recognized but it will not charge.  I get a message that the battery is plugged in, not charging.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Tom Medeiros

2 Posts

October 1st, 2014 12:00

The interesting thing is when I try to update the BIOS, it says the battery must be charged at least to 20%.  If the BIOS issue doesn't allow me to charge the battery, how can I make sure its at 20% in order to update the BIOS.  If I am plugged into a wall socket, what the hell difference does it make what the battery charge is?

Has anyone solved this ridiculous issue?

Can the battery be replaced in this thing or do I have a useless tablet?

1 Message

November 22nd, 2014 04:00

Is this topic resolved?  Has anyone seen other resolutions on it? 

Could an issue where the battery doesn't charge and the charge LED is not illuminated a symptom of the BIOS version?  Unit does not power up and therefore I can't update the BIOS.  Tried two different wall plug chargers and more than one outlet.

1 Message

December 4th, 2014 14:00

The solution to fix this issue its documentes on this url:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN180827/EN

you must update the bios and chipset to fix this problem and the tablet works prefect.

Regards.

Luis Medina
www.comoinstalarlinux.com

1 Message

January 27th, 2015 05:00

I apologize if I sound a bit upset or rude.  DUDE - do you not understand that people have done that already and still get the error.  Please read and come up with a real solution beyond that.  For the record, we have over 200 STe's with this issue - the update fixes some but not others.  Please again read and understand...  This does not fix all of them.

1 Message

March 1st, 2020 03:00

Coming very late to this discussion I've two of these Latitude 10 ST2E tablets and one (service tag xxxxxxx) doesn't recognise any battery (I've 3 available) and all are correctly recognised and charge on the other one.

I've done the BIOS update and chipset update.

Both tablets are running Windows 10 (very well compared to how they were on Windows 8/8.1) but the battery problem predates the W10 update on the tablet in question.

Any ideas ?

No Events found!