Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2014 23:00

Dell Latitude 10 will not show soft keyboard from ActionScript Air app

I am writing an app in Flash/ActionScript/Air for the Dell Latitude 10 tablet.

ActionScript text-input boxes have a parameter, needsSoftKeyboard which should show the on-screen keyboard on mobile devices when it gets focus. I can't get this to work on the Dell tablet. There is also a command requestSoftKeyboard(), to explicitly show the keyboard. This does not work either.

Another issue is that the tablet does not seem to be issuing orientationChanged events to my code, when the tablet is rotated, despite the fact that portrait/landscape rotation is working correctly.

Has anyone come across these issues?

Any suggestions? I am running the app on the desktop mode of the tablet, not the Metro interface.

I notice that other apps on the desktop also do not automatically show the keyboard when text entry is required. They rely on the user pressing the 'show keyboard' button on the taskbar. As my app is running in full screen mode and the taskbar needs to auto-hide, this option is not available.

I need the orientationChanged events so that i can rotate a video display. 

It seems like, running within the desktop environment, it might be hidden from any knowledge of the mobile tablet environment. So perhaps it does not know it can change orientation. Stage.supportsOrientationChange is returning false, even though the orientation does change with tablet rotation.

No Responses!
No Events found!